Skip to main content
Topic: I can't change the display language of SDDM (Read 1536 times) previous topic - next topic

I can't change the display language of SDDM

Hi there, Artix Community!

I'm a humble Arch refugee who likes runit and seeks for help. After I got my Windows 7 KDE rice and apps up and running again the way I used them in Arch Linux (and before that, KDE neon), I noticed I can't change the language settings of SDDM, even though everything else is displayed in my native language (Hungarian). I tried to modify the KDE, SDDM and localisation config files with no avail. I followed the Arch Wiki, but it also did not result in SDDM displaying the login screen in Hungarian.

How can I change this setting effectively on Artix KDE runit?

Re: I can't change the display language of SDDM

Reply #1
Same here, the problem appeared when I unnistalled displaymanger and installed sddm-openrc instead.

I read and configured all type of files and recomendations from kde and sddm community, nothing works.

But if you restart the service from a tty or once you are in plasma desktop in konsole it loads the correct language. Its on boot when it doesn't load the correct language what it is strange.

It's like it doesn't find the environment file at startup wich should be "/etc/default/locale" but it finds it when you restart the service.

What I dont know is how to tell sddm where the environment file is at startup, maybe its in the sddm-openrc script. According to the github page with systemd it is defined in the service section and is defined in /etc/default/locale

Re: I can't change the display language of SDDM

Reply #3
Any news on this? sadly it still happens.