Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Network issue (Read 6320 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Network issue

Reply #31
some iwlwifi's  fixes came to 5.10.16 kernel today. Maybe can help you new version of kernel

Reply #32
Link tried to modprobe and nothing still
DMESG: https://x0.at/5bi  :)

If you know how to make me update but i think i updated it ealrier this morning

Reply #33
Nop im running 5.10.15 if you can help me in updating or pass me the pacman command for it

Reply #34
i am not sure about linux-5.10.16, because i am not maintainer of this kernel. I maintain and use linux-zen (and version 5.10.16 will come to testing repo asap after release in archlinux).

can you please test 5.9.14 kernel? if you have time?

Reply #35
I can if i now how to install it

If you want i can try to switch to zen if it does not suppose some problem like distrohopping... ( Ah i read the other part )
How do i install linux-10.5.16?

Reply #36
linux-10.5.16 is not yet in archlinux's nor artixlinux's repo. it was released 6 hours ago.  linux-zen contains some improvements and is more desktop focused. it's a kernel with some tweaks .

Reply #37
linux-10.5.16 is not yet in archlinux's nor artixlinux's repo. it was released 6 hours ago.  linux-zen contains some improvements and is more desktop focused. it's a kernel with some tweaks .
Then i wait a few days and then continue on this tread? It is a bother but i can still connect via ethernet

Reply #38
ok, we can wait some days,

if 5.10.16 will still not works for you  you will be forced from me to install 5.9.x   8)  ;D  (I need to verify whether it works or not)

because older kernel together with older firmware package should works - if it worked before without problems!
Theoretically can work 5.10.15 with  older firmware package (they changed wifi 9260 fw in last release of linux-firmware).

it's just necessary test some combinations of kernels and linux-firmware (seems as bug of some package - not sure if linux or linux-firmware)

Reply #39
Ok thanks

Also how i can help in the linux developers to debug the issue? Because i want to contribute my grain of sand to the pepole that work hard in making a foss kernel up to donations

Reply #41
Try newest kernel with older linux-firmware  package, above have you links to our archive

Reply #42
What linux-firmware ver?

Reply #43
the penultimate one. the last one is the latest one (you have it installed here)

Reply #44
Can you pass me link? I think does not work with linux-firmware-20201218.646f159-1-any.pkg.tar.zst cuz i downloaded it installed via p -U linux-firmware-20201218.646f159-1-any.pkg.tar.zst and rebooted and nothing so im thinking is a hadware issue