Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Network issue (Read 5193 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Network issue

Reply #106
it can go wrong "by itself", you don't have to touch it.
It is very very strange that the card does not work in other live ISOs. Feel free to try some more ISOs (different distributions)

Reply #107
it can go wrong "by itself", you don't have to touch it.
It is very very strange that the card does not work in other live ISOs. Feel free to try some more ISOs (different distributions)
And what im supposed to do if it does not work?

Reply #108
Get a new one, probably?

But make sure that it is a h/w failure first

Reply #109
My working Intel wifi stopped working properly again, regardless of firmware version. I think in my case the router and card agree a connection type and that's going wrong, then perhaps the router caches it or something, that's only a guess. But then I just found some ideas regarding iwlwifi module parameters, you can try these without rebooting, e.g. I did:
Code: [Select]
$ sudo rmmod iwldvm
$ sudo rmmod iwlwifi
$ sudo modprobe iwlwifi 11n_disable=1
which has improved the connection speed again, although it's still slower than it should be. But anyway, there are lots of other parameters to try, and "modinfo iwlwifi" gives some more info to research.
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/154333/how-to-see-driver-parameters
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/67267/iwlwifi-error-then-wlan-is-very-slow-and-cant-see-other-wlans
The firmware not being loaded might need to be resolved before any module parameters are going to help though.
So far as hardware issues go, I got a new intel card and changed mobo and it's made no difference. Also the other adapter I'm using wouldn't work unless I built a special driver from the makers for 3 or 4 years after I got it, the kernel one (in any distro I tried) was no good until it got fixed, it's worked fine since. I've not seen a confirmed wireless card hardware failure yet, so in my limited personal experience that's less likely. Also both newer hardware (like yours) and older hardware (like mine) tend to encounter more bugs. Difficult to prove though.

Reply #110
linux-headers update...

Reply #112
Was hw with a external usb net card working