Skip to main content
Topic: Blinking cursor on suspend (Read 782 times) previous topic - next topic

Blinking cursor on suspend

I think this has something to do with elogind. Im running artix s6, and sometimes when i suspend my laptop, even for a longer non-instantenious time and resuspend it, by closing the lid, i will get greeted with a blinking cursor, probably on the graphical tty7.
Getting into other ttys and trying to type anything just fails miserably, with me sometimes being able to type a few letters, and then getting interupted by a picture of my wallpaper for a split second, periodicaly, only to know that now i cant even type into other ttys, and when i switch to tty7, it just glitches me in with a black screen, and only when the 'period' of wallpaper flashing happends, i can 'try' to use other ttys, which as mentioned, ive been failing to login, and, potentially restart lightdm, or elogind if thats possible.
/var/log doesnt has nothing in elogind (i mean like the 'current' file is empty), and lightdm doesnt have anything meaningful as well.
I cannot grab the xorg config as it just gets replaced with another as soon as i reboot.
This doesnt happend every time, but when it does, ill have to reboot my machine.
Elogind config

Re: Blinking cursor on suspend

Reply #1
What graphics driver are you using? Well probably intel given this is a laptop I suppose.

Reply #2
What graphics driver are you using? Well probably intel given this is a laptop I suppose.
Intel yes, as primary, although there is a secondary nvidia card that isnt being used unless im being explicit about it. I have
Code: [Select]
Option "TearFree" "true"
in xorg.conf if that matters.

Reply #3
Well glancing at your logind.conf you have quite a few hibernate-related options enabled. Maybe you should make sure whether the problem you have is related to suspend or hibernate. In general, suspend should be just fine (never seen any issues with suspend on intel at least). I would suspect hibernate is actually what's causing the issue here. Maybe as a quick test, comment out all the hibernate-related options and see if you still get this.

Reply #4
Well glancing at your logind.conf you have quite a few hibernate-related options enabled. Maybe you should make sure whether the problem you have is related to suspend or hibernate. In general, suspend should be just fine (never seen any issues with suspend on intel at least). I would suspect hibernate is actually what's causing the issue here. Maybe as a quick test, comment out all the hibernate-related options and see if you still get this.
Alright, edited it
It doesnt happen very often, however i will report if i feel like it wont happen again