Skip to main content
Topic: Building a clean chroot to build packages in (Read 89 times) previous topic - next topic

Building a clean chroot to build packages in

Hello, I've been wanting to set up a clean chroot like Arch allows you to. However using the methods in the given link don't work because they depend on the package systemd-nspawn, which Artix does not have.

I see there's the artools-pkg package, but I'm unsure as to what the provides or is that's what I even need in order to setup a clean chroot.

Some clarification on the wiki would be nice, considering this is a clear deviation from how Arch does things.

The only thing I've found so far seems to be this, which is purely just to create a regular chroot.

Re: Building a clean chroot to build packages in

Reply #1
artools is what you want to use for this. It actually makes it pretty simple. All you need to do is to use the buildpkg-* commands (buildpkg-system for core, buildpkg-world for extra, etc.) There's variants for testing repos as well. You can edit the your artools-base.conf file to change where you want to keep your chroot directories.

It would be worth a wiki entry I suppose.

Re: Building a clean chroot to build packages in

Reply #2
It would be worth a wiki entry I suppose.

I imagine it definitely would, considering I'm having to figure things out as I go.

I understand the buildpkg command is probably what I'll be using, considering I'm trying to create something for the Arch community repo.

EDIT:

Hmmm, actually it is fairly easy so far.