Skip to main content
Topic: Edits that should be made in the install guide (Read 593 times) previous topic - next topic

Edits that should be made in the install guide

There is a typo somewhere, search for 'addd'

Also, the following section should probably be edited:

> This only sets the selected keyboard layout in the current tty and only until reboot. To make the setting permanent, you have to edit `/etc/conf.d/keymaps` in the installed system. It's also useful to set up /etc/vconsole.conf - it may look like this:

Specifically, I think an example `/etc/conf.d/keymaps` should be provided or a link to more information about what that file does should be added. Also, the second filename `/etc/vconsole.conf` should also be formatted like the first, and should also have a link to documentation about it - while I know in hindsight that the example is sufficient, I wasted some 30 to 60 minutes trying to research all this stuff and doing other stupid things when I didn't find information (I still don't know where documentation about either file lives) about them.

Re: Edits that should be made in the install guide

Reply #1
Well /etc/conf.d/keymaps is openrc-specific.

Re: Edits that should be made in the install guide

Reply #2
Often missing in `/etc/mkinitcpio.conf` in the "HOOKS"-section  `keyboard` and/or `keymap`, and what's about `sd-vconsole` or `fstrim`?

Sorry, i'm a fresh user.