Skip to main content
Topic: Pamac GUI do not show up AUR [solved] (Read 4419 times) previous topic - next topic

Pamac GUI do not show up AUR [solved]

pamac is installed but the session AUR is not at the GUI so i have to install everything from yaourt at the terminal. What is wrong in my system/installation?. Thanks.
Mate
Desktop: xfce

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G integrated graphics
GPU: AMD/ATI Trinity [Radeon HD 7640G]

Re: Pamac GUI do not show up AUR

Reply #1
Same here with pamac, pamac-classic and octopi: no AUR. Never used them before, perhaps I'm missing something and I'm not very fond of GUI frontends anyway.

Reply #2
They are compiled without AUR support. If you want AUR support in pamac you have to recompile it yourself on your machine.

Here is the PKGBUILD for pamac-classic:
https://github.com/artix-linux/world/blob/master/pamac-classic/PKGBUILD#L35

As you can see on line 35 it has "-DDISABLE_AUR=ON" if you change ON to OFF and recompile it, it will activate AUR in pamac.

AUR is not officially supported by artix which is why it is disabled by default. The reason is that you never know if a package from the AUR will work correctly on a non-systemd system. You use it at your own risk and without support from the artix devs. If somebody wants to use AUR, we won't stop them, but we won't enable it by default.
Chris Cromer

Reply #3
Well, yestarday after to much guessing i found that pamac GUI need to be configurared to run AUR at the place called "preference" (i'm translater ... my system is in spanish).

Thanks
Mate
Desktop: xfce

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G integrated graphics
GPU: AMD/ATI Trinity [Radeon HD 7640G]

Re: Pamac GUI do not show up AUR [solved]

Reply #4
I have pamac 6.2.2-1 and it works with AUR
It makes life a bit easier for long-period-building without the n/y duals of yaourt-gui

Yet for months I've tried compiling gcc5 and it continuously fails after a long while of being built.
I have a few packages that are dependent on gcc5

I was able to use palemoon-installer for standalone instead of having to built gcc5

A brief review of firefox 57 has totally blocked this option as a browser.  A crappy complex software turned to shit!  Good going Mozilla, I wonder what 2 digit percentage have dumped Firefox for Chrome (a substitute for shit is pure evil in the eyes of some). 

Reply #5
Well, yestarday after to much guessing i found that pamac GUI need to be configurared to run AUR at the place called "preference" (i'm translater ... my system is in spanish).

Thanks
Well that would be a logical place to look but not a wise move in my view, nothing against AUR but to give you a instance Arch depreciated the old buggy gstreamer version and told users to update to the latest version. and remove the old
Dear user unfriendly Manjaro users using pamac blindly updated and the old gtreamer version which was moved to AUR was still retained on their systems causing havoc down the line. and they could not remove them due to a dependancy cycle that never existed.

Never pays to update any AUR package blindly always manually and read the AUR page for it 1st, and the same applies to packages, pacman is the only tool for the job on a Arch rolling release system you will find out soon enough when things break.

You can argue that this old fart is talking bullshit but the proof is 15 years on arch and only 1 reinstall HD failed,
never done a back up in my life apart from Ms.
Artix since it was Manjaro openrc never a problem that could not be simply fixed.
Artix from the day of release yes a few niggles but that is to be expected but nothing to worry about.

Reply #6
I have pamac 6.2.2-1 and it works with AUR
Yes, it is still active in normal "pamac". The reason is that a patch will need to be created to forcefully remove it. pamac-classic has a build flag that builds the binary without AUR in its code which is why it is much easier to make sure it doesn't have AUR.
Chris Cromer