Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Installing Brave from the AUR (PROBLEM halp) (Read 693 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Installing Brave from the AUR (PROBLEM halp)

Alright, i didn't see anything that would not allow me to post this here so i will post my problem.

I have installed the AUR repo and activated them by adding the lines and removing the # but now when i do pacman -Ss brave, i don't see anything. I'm just trying to install brave from the AUR repo but i don't even know how if pacman -S brave-bin dosen't work lul

I'm kind of new to linux but i have been distro hopping for a while now so i want to stay on Artix permanently so pls don't call me dumb since i'm lacking in knowledge, ty.

Re: Installing Brave from the AUR (PROBLEM halp)

Reply #1
I wanted to say aswell, i am pretttty sure the AUR are really enable. I followed the artix wiki on how to activate them.

Reply #2
ok so i snooped around the forum and i found someone saying that i should download a AUR helper ( https://forum.artixlinux.org/index.php/topic,3355.0.html ), so i did

"sudo pacman -Syu yay"

but it is saying

"error: target not found: yay"

what should i do now if yay dosent even download??

Reply #3
i now realize that i should have posted that in the AUR PACKAGE part of the forum and not here. Sorry about that, i don't even know how to delete my post. While this post is not in the correct part of the forum i would still like it to be answered or to be deleted so i can post it again in the correct part of the forum, ty.

Reply #4
Yay is found in [universe] Artix repo.  Yes, yay can be installed with pacman, but [universe] must be enabled first.  Artix Wiki Repos page explains how to do it:

https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Repositories

Reply #6
Brave-bin from [universe] installing without any problem.
i3-3210 / 10GB / VGA Intel HD 2500 / SSD 240GB /  / Kernel 6.6.32 / KDE 5.116 / Plasma 5.27.11 / Ungoogled-Chromium