Skip to main content
Topic: libvirt-openrc conflicts with libvirt (Read 1526 times) previous topic - next topic

libvirt-openrc conflicts with libvirt

This is an old issue which I have had since Majaro-openrc. In the package libvirt-openrc, there are 2 files which conflict with files from the libvirt package in community:

Code: [Select]
libvirt-openrc: /etc/conf.d/libvirt-guests exists in filesystem
libvirt-openrc: /etc/conf.d/libvirtd exists in filesystem

I don't know why these files are in the base libvirt package, on a non-openrc system, they would be useless.

I know the community repo is not strictly part of the Artix ecosystem. My suggestion is that when the team gets around to repackaging libvirt for Artix, that these two files be removed, and the ones from libvirt-openrc be kept.

On a side note, is there a bug tracker somewhere that would be better for reporting issues like this? I looked but I couldn't find one.
... because systemd sucks

Re: libvirt-openrc conflicts with libvirt

Reply #1
This is an old issue which I have had since Majaro-openrc. In the package libvirt-openrc, there are 2 files which conflict with files from the libvirt package in community:

Code: [Select]
libvirt-openrc: /etc/conf.d/libvirt-guests exists in filesystem
libvirt-openrc: /etc/conf.d/libvirtd exists in filesystem

I don't know why these files are in the base libvirt package, on a non-openrc system, they would be useless.

I know the community repo is not strictly part of the Artix ecosystem. My suggestion is that when the team gets around to repackaging libvirt for Artix, that these two files be removed, and the ones from libvirt-openrc be kept.

On a side note, is there a bug tracker somewhere that would be better for reporting issues like this? I looked but I couldn't find one.

Yes, such problems will exist until we become totally independent, however we're still underhanded free-timers. Please, open an issue at our github package repository.