Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: libwacom upgrade froze Mate desktop totally (Read 1709 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: libwacom upgrade froze Mate desktop totally

Reply #15
That's what I thought at first, but unless pacman is lying to me I'm currently using the latest cinnamon packages save for the release number. So it looks like the last time it was rebuilt for artix something went wrong and it's not innate to the software itself.

I'm going to try to replicate this problem on arch and see if the same thing happens before reporting it upstream.
The problem wasn't that something went wrong when it was rebuilt. The problem is that a new version of a library "libwacom" came out and broke cinnamon. Cinnamon needed to be rebuilt to use the new version of the library to fix it. This is a common problem on rolling distros and happens to both arch linux and artix linux.

As far as the error you wrote, that is unrelated and sounds like an upstream cinnamon problem.
Chris Cromer

Reply #16
That's what I thought at first, but unless pacman is lying to me I'm currently using the latest cinnamon packages save for the release number. So it looks like the last time it was rebuilt for artix something went wrong and it's not innate to the software itself.

I'm going to try to replicate this problem on arch and see if the same thing happens before reporting it upstream.
The problem wasn't that something went wrong when it was rebuilt. The problem is that a new version of a library "libwacom" came out and broke cinnamon. Cinnamon needed to be rebuilt to use the new version of the library to fix it. This is a common problem on rolling distros and happens to both arch linux and artix linux.

As far as the error you wrote, that is unrelated and sounds like an upstream cinnamon problem.
Chris Cromer

Reply #17
Yep, managed to replicate it on arch, it's an upstream problem after all.

Reply #19
Just for those who have issues with upgrading in Cinnamon. Try using wired connection. Cinnamon network manager wouldn't start in my case.

The libwacom-related malfunction is fixed with the recent update.

Reply #20
Yep, managed to replicate it on arch, it's an upstream problem after all.
We now have the cinnamon-settings network problem patched. After updating to cinnamon-control-center 5.2.1-4.3 it will start working again.
Chris Cromer