Skip to main content
Topic: TOSHIBA laptop keyboard+trackpad most of time do not work (Read 5585 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: TOSHIBA laptop keyboard+trackpad most of time do not work

Reply #15
OK so I'll get you "pure lsusb", not sure why USBs are important but alright

In laptop you never know what is used to connect that device....

Also did you look at that link which i posted ? There is described similar problem on similar laptop... i dont have your laptop and i also never had this problem...

Reply #16
In laptop you never know what is used to connect that device....

Also did you look at that link which i posted ? There is described similar problem on similar laptop... i dont have your laptop and i also never had this problem...

I have a A6-3400m apu w integrated radeon HD 6520G graphics, Toshiba Satellite L745D & it works just fine! Isn't that odd? I'm having issues with a slightly newer model - A6-4400m APU w integrated Radeon HD 7520G graphics... I bought that newer one 4 years back because I was using the A6-3400m for a couple years & it worked really well so I figured it would be a good buy, it was quite cheap & worked well with Windows 8, it used to work OK with Linux, but the keyboard+trackpad issue has been there for forever,  I used to use it like a desktop for years so it never effected me.

I'll try some of those solutions on that page just to see what happens, I really hope I can make the keyboard+trackpad work... Not sure why but on this UEFI artix installation it seems very laggy all-around performance-wise(Only on this 1 laptop though! Works beautifully on my other 3 x64 PCs!) I'm thinking I might try another fresh install on it to see if that solves the laggyness I suppose. Thanks for that link btw.

Edit: After doing a fresh installation it no longer *seems* to be extremely laggy, but the hardware problems still remain with the keyboard & trackpad.

Reply #17
I know this is an old thread, sorry for necro-bumping, but I had to come back here to thank you SGOrava!
My "old" Toshiba laptop now works as a laptop! Thank you so much! I can actually use this thing now!
Windows 10 ran like crap on it, I'm VERY happy we managed to get this thing to work again!

i8042.nomux=1 and i8042.reset in the /etc/default/grub made it work :D

I always over-looked that page because it wasnt L850D so I didn't think it would work! I now know to look at the wikis that have the closest model to the one I have.

Reply #18
A friend asked me if I can make her L750 live again and get access to her stored information when her win8 crapped out.  After I told her I don't reinstall win, I used artix.  Her keyboard was giving her trouble so she had a usb keyboard and the track pad wasn't working when win8 worked.
Artix booted, both keyboards now worked (2-3 keys have a hard time), track pad worked fine, and her bluetooth mouse worked instantly, no configuring or firmware searching.
So I made her a nice lxqt installation and she was amazed how fast it was, not even new was it running so well.  Transfered her chrome stuff to chromium and she is acting like someone gave her a free laptop.

I was surprised myself that all the hw worked even on the live stick.  I don't know how different the hw is from 750 to 850. 

Reply #20
Is she a friend with benefits?  ;)

It is not an exchange relationship, it is collective.  You contribute to the community and everyone benefits, .... you dirty dog you!

Reply #21
It is not an exchange relationship, it is collective.  You contribute to the community and everyone benefits, .... you dirty dog you!

Even still...

Giving a new linux user artix can be an exciting experience.

Reply #22
I wouldn''t put windows back on even if a I had a free copy, and I wouldn't put anything with systemd, or one of my hack systems, like Manjaro with s6
So it was either void, or obarun, or artix.  LXDE is a bit of good transition from winXP, win8-10 users find it a bit old fashioned, LXQT makes a better impression to windoze users.  Since artix has lxqt worked out I chose it.  I personally hate it :)

This is a family of three using one old tired laptop with dead batteries.  I expect to be doing some more work on it within a month after the 13yo goes through all linux games he can find :)  Hopefully that will stimulate further linux interest, he is the target of the project.  Recruit the young before they turn stupid.

Reply #23
Its driver needs to upgrade or improvement. I have same issued with my laptop which is hp touchpad not working so I contact to support and they give me the good guide about the driver upgrading