Skip to main content
Topic: Adapt yaourt to honour Artix' repositories? (Read 2328 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Adapt yaourt to honour Artix' repositories?

Reply #15
Not off-topic at all, this can become a serious tool in the right hands. One invaluable use I can think of is for 32-bit users that would like to use Artix by letting yaourtix automagically compile the necessary packages from our github.

I'll see if I can do the initial import in [galaxy-gremlins] this weekend; by "maintaining it" I meant the sync between upstream yaourt and yaourtix, not the updates in our github. You can clone the yaourt repo in your github account and apply your patches there. Then it would be trivial to import it in Artix - not too much RTFM either.

Reply #16
I'll see if I can do the initial import in [galaxy-gremlins] this weekend [...]

I forgot about goblins and gremlins at all -- to be honest: Was not aware of them until now. (I don't use any testing.)

I found out that some packages on https://github.com/artix-linux/ have, besides a trunk/-subdirectory, a subdirectory repos/[...]. For example alsa-lib:

packages/alsa-lib/repos/extra-x86_64/ and packages/alsa-lib/trunk/.

Does any package wich is in binary form in the Artix' repository has it's corresponding "source" in a repos/[...]-subdirectory coresponding to the Artix' repository? (Also applicable to galaxy and lib32?)

What is with packages that do not have a repos/[...]-subdirectory?

Where are the package "sources" for gremlins and goblins?

I think I need to adapt my patches to download the correct package "source" corresponding to the binary Artix' package, for now it downloads trunk/.

Reply #17
That patch would really come in handy when checking if anything upsteam has changed.

Reply #18
One invaluable use I can think of is for 32-bit users that would like to use Artix by letting yaourtix automagically compile the necessary packages from our github.

Unless the patched schript substitutes x86_64 with i686, this won't work since are began removing i686 from arch array in the builds.

I found out that some packages on https://github.com/artix-linux/ have, besides a trunk/-subdirectory, a subdirectory repos/[...]. For example alsa-lib:

all of them have, if they are in binary repo.

Does any package wich is in binary form in the Artix' repository has it's corresponding "source" in a repos/[...]-subdirectory coresponding to the Artix' repository? (Also applicable to galaxy and lib32?)

Yes.

Example: package "foo"

Code: [Select]
foo
|
|--- repos
|    |
|    |--- core-any
|    |
|    |--- testing-any
|
|--- trunk

What is in ..repos/$repo in git is in the binary repos too.

Reply #19
well if I were you i'd be a bit more concerned with  security  trizen is at the top of the list your proposed app at the bottom for security.

Reply #20
I finally made a 'yaourtix': http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/yaourtix/, http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/yaourtix-git/.

It should not be specially targeted to Artix Linux, that's why I did not incorporate the '0001-alpm-artix-brand.patch' which does just some cosmetic name changes of messages.

Main aim was to be able to hook up other repositories to be able to download 'PKGBUILD's etc. via 'yaourt -G'/ Automatically build from source from other repositories if a 'customizepkg'-hook is found.

Since I don't have so much time for this, I made the logic for this a bash-script ('/etc/yaourtix/abs-logic.sh'), instead of writing a proper configuration file parser for this. (Would be nice!)

And, compared to the upstream 'yaourt', fixed some issues with 'customizepkg'.

It are just a few patches to upstream 'yaourt', and the '/etc/yaourtix/abs-logic.sh'.

Comments are welcome; that it is some dirty hack I know and I don't need comments on that.

Reply #21
well if I were you i'd be a bit more concerned with  security  trizen is at the top of the list your proposed app at the bottom for security.

Does 'trizen' support 'customizepkg' (or another way of modifying PKGBUILDs automatically)? That was the reason why this thread came up at the beginning. 'yaourt' does support this, and I needed support for this for packages in other repositories than the one hard coded into 'yaourt'.

So, if you can teach 'trizen' to do that, I can switch.

Reply #22
Thanks, btw.
You do know  yaourt is dead its removed from Arch Linux france repro were it was developed Yay does it all trizen is not far behind, But i don't get the honour Artix repros  please explain,
Yay -Syyu updates both pacman and AUR in one go, trizen does the same as did yaourt -Syyua. 

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers

Reply #23
You do know  yaourt is dead its removed from Arch Linux france repro were it was developed Yay does it all trizen is not far behind,
and why is then yaourt in the Artix repos (it's in galaxy), but yay not?
But i don't get the honour Artix repros  please explain,

Here:

$ yay -G linux
linux not in standard repositories

$ yay -G system/linux
system/linux not in standard repositories
--> yay dos not know about Artix repositories.

$ trizen -G linux
:: linux not found.

$ trizen -G system/linux
:: system/linux not found.
--> trizen neither.

And then, want customizepkg or similar functionality.

Reply #24
Glad i discovered trizen back a few months ago, best aur helper imo, highly recommend it.

Reply #25
works fine here update and find package?
$ yay -Syyu

Please read what the '-G' options does:

$ man yay
[...]
-G, --getpkgbuild
         Downloads PKGBUILD from ABS or AUR.
[...]
$ trizen --help
[...]
    -G, --get       : clones a package in the current directory
[...]

It is about retrieving the package sources (i.e. 'PKGBUILD' etc.). Of course, installing the binaries from the repositories works, but it cannot get the PKGBUILDs for any other packages than that of the official Arch Linux repos.

And when a package, which can retrieve PKGBUILDs for packages in the repos, is part of Artix Linux, I would expect that it also can retrieve PKGBUILDs for packages from Artix Linux. I mean, those is one of the changes done when adding packages from Arch Linux to Artix Linux -- make them "support" the Artix-way.

That is what all this thread is about.