Skip to main content
Topic: Adapt yaourt to honour Artix' repositories? (Read 1290 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Adapt yaourt to honour Artix' repositories?

Reply #15
Not off-topic at all, this can become a serious tool in the right hands. One invaluable use I can think of is for 32-bit users that would like to use Artix by letting yaourtix automagically compile the necessary packages from our github.

I'll see if I can do the initial import in [galaxy-gremlins] this weekend; by "maintaining it" I meant the sync between upstream yaourt and yaourtix, not the updates in our github. You can clone the yaourt repo in your github account and apply your patches there. Then it would be trivial to import it in Artix - not too much RTFM either.

Reply #16
I'll see if I can do the initial import in [galaxy-gremlins] this weekend [...]

I forgot about goblins and gremlins at all -- to be honest: Was not aware of them until now. (I don't use any testing.)

I found out that some packages on https://github.com/artix-linux/ have, besides a trunk/-subdirectory, a subdirectory repos/[...]. For example alsa-lib:

packages/alsa-lib/repos/extra-x86_64/ and packages/alsa-lib/trunk/.

Does any package wich is in binary form in the Artix' repository has it's corresponding "source" in a repos/[...]-subdirectory coresponding to the Artix' repository? (Also applicable to galaxy and lib32?)

What is with packages that do not have a repos/[...]-subdirectory?

Where are the package "sources" for gremlins and goblins?

I think I need to adapt my patches to download the correct package "source" corresponding to the binary Artix' package, for now it downloads trunk/.

Reply #17
That patch would really come in handy when checking if anything upsteam has changed.

Reply #18
One invaluable use I can think of is for 32-bit users that would like to use Artix by letting yaourtix automagically compile the necessary packages from our github.

Unless the patched schript substitutes x86_64 with i686, this won't work since are began removing i686 from arch array in the builds.

I found out that some packages on https://github.com/artix-linux/ have, besides a trunk/-subdirectory, a subdirectory repos/[...]. For example alsa-lib:

all of them have, if they are in binary repo.

Does any package wich is in binary form in the Artix' repository has it's corresponding "source" in a repos/[...]-subdirectory coresponding to the Artix' repository? (Also applicable to galaxy and lib32?)

Yes.

Example: package "foo"

Code: [Select]
foo
|
|--- repos
|    |
|    |--- core-any
|    |
|    |--- testing-any
|
|--- trunk

What is in ..repos/$repo in git is in the binary repos too.

Reply #19
well if I were you i'd be a bit more concerned with  security  trizen is at the top of the list your proposed app at the bottom for security.