Skip to main content
Topic: No login screen "error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid url for... (Read 3445 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: No login screen "error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid url for...

Reply #16
I haven't updated since late March this year until yesterday. I'm using another computer to type this.

Re: No login screen "error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid url for...

Reply #17
My mirror list matches the above.

Reply #18
I'm connected to the internet, I did a ping command and I was able to send data / recieve. The only issue is that I can't do pacman commands becuase my system can't sync.

Reply #19
Sudo inxi - Fxzm
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #20
Upon doing this command it says my network is down but I'm able to ping websites.

Reply #21
When I put in the command "ip a" I get NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP. I'm able to access the internet on my other OS just fine but after this update it seems to be messed up. This doesn't make sense to me at all because I can ping websites just fine.

Reply #22
clearly your connection is an issue,  post the output here of the inxi instruction i gave you please
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #23
I did the command, there's no way I can copy all of the report and paste it here. I don't have a browser I can use to send it to you it's all terminal.

Reply #24
well then in that case i recommend you do a clean install.  have a wonderful day.
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #25
I'd like to try a few more solutions before I wipe everything, what should I be looking for in this command? Anyone have any ideas or input?

Reply #26
Or any ideas on recovery.

Reply #28
Simply put
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #29
first thing to check might be your ethernet cable, and then reset your modem/router, check you modem/router settings to see if your device is being restricted by say parental settings or some such other thing.  Ethernet cables that come from your isp or in the box of a modem/routerr tend not to be the highest quality.  Have had them go bad for no apparent reason.  I recommend flat cat 6 cables as they hide easy and tend not to get damaged or fail as often in my limited experience.  You could also have a bad ethernet port or wifi card  if you have a spare usb to ethernet adapter you could try that or if you have it seems two computers you could try swapping wifi cards and see which one gets internet connection then.  Lots of things you could do that would not involve having to follow instructions to post the output of you hardware on the forums.
Cat Herders of Linux