Skip to main content
Topic: mail server/DNS config issue related to forum registration process (Read 1007 times) previous topic - next topic

mail server/DNS config issue related to forum registration process

To Artix Devs:

The IP address returned for 'mx.artixlinux.org' mail server is 158.69.221.90, yet a reverse lookup returns 'artixlinux.org' as the hostname. The primary IP address returned for 'artlixlinux.org' is 104.27.159.206, which means reverse lookup fails.

From my postfix mail server logs I got this warning...

warning: hostname artixlinux.org does not resolve to address 158.69.221.90

...so I had to temporarily disable some checks in my config to get the forum registration "welcome" email with the account activation link.

I'd suggest reviewing your DNS records and possibly setting the PTR to 'mx.artixlinux.org' for IP 158.69.221.90 and possibly updating your mail server configuration as well. After you resolve the issue you might want to check how many registered users have not activated their accounts and contact them.

If you need any help or additional information please let me know.  :)

Re: mail server/DNS config issue related to forum registration process

Reply #1
That's intentional because we're using cloudflare in front of the site and we're currently hosting everything inside the same VPS. Once we become rich acquire a second VPS to setup the mailserver into, this will be solved.