Skip to main content
Topic: Dangerous Wiki and outdated news on mainpage (Read 1959 times) previous topic - next topic

Dangerous Wiki and outdated news on mainpage

Hello,
I watch the Artix development for some time and i see huge progress but the news coming from developers are scarce or are hard to find by users.
So... If if is possible I would like to help you to manage website and Wiki, add news and update wiki...
And also i noticed that i can edit articles on wiki without any authentication which is very dangerous ...
just imagine some newbie doing migration witch could include malicious script and ends up with machine in American / Russian / Chinas botnet.

I am not an expert nor anything like that... I just follow....
You can find me on GitHub, Forum, IRC.

PS: I can afford some time almost everyday...

Re: Dangerous Wiki and outdated news on mainpage

Reply #1
You know that would be great the wiki is very important to the project.
Unfortunately I  can't help with the Wiki nobody would ever understand what i'd written.

Reply #2
You know that would be great the wiki is very important to the project.
Unfortunately I  can't help with the Wiki nobody would ever understand what i'd written.

It is not that hard to write about the development, changes, and workarounds discovered on github, irc and forum...

Reply #3
Hello,
I watch the Artix development for some time and i see huge progress but the news coming from developers are scarce or are hard to find by users.
So... If if is possible I would like to help you to manage website and Wiki, add news and update wiki...
And also i noticed that i can edit articles on wiki without any authentication which is very dangerous ...
just imagine some newbie doing migration witch could include malicious script and ends up with machine in American / Russian / Chinas botnet.

I am not an expert nor anything like that... I just follow....
You can find me on GitHub, Forum, IRC.

PS: I can afford some time almost everyday...

You're hired! I'll set you up the necessary permissions as soon as I can and I need a public key from you for SSH access. Oh, and thanks.

Reply #4
I sent an email with public key.

Reply #5
May I suggest we have a forum redirect to the Wiki like arch does instead of user having to Goggle, just makes sense to me then users will use the Wiki as its not hidden.

Reply #6
May I suggest we have a forum redirect to the Wiki like arch does instead of user having to Goggle, just makes sense to me then users will use the Wiki as its not hidden.

I like that idea too @mandog

Reply #9
We don't use Sourceforge for mirroring our repositories anymore. If your mirrorlist shows SF mirrors on top, you need to update artix-mirrorlist from [system-testing] and merge /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.pacnew into /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Should there be a note added to NEWS about gremlins and goblins repositories? I reckon some mirrors will still have the Artix testing repos and will be wreaking havoc by introducing old packages over the newer system, world, galaxy, and lib32 packages as we go forward.

SHA256 sums
d0165f6fdc38be8737bb359ef276b4745da2f4271c5cbc7cfffd1ef6810c824a artix-lxqt-20171015-x86_64.iso
2c3aec9f75c28434fd1ce1bfa295bf2ca816957e3efc388c60ad441807a2618d artix-base-rolling-x86_64.iso
b861deacb42011423e0f1c8d6f1476ba5589778117eddfc898737b161289655d artix-i3-rolling-x86_64.iso

Can the SHA256 sums for the 20180108 versions of the Artix isos please be added to the https://artixlinux.org/download.php?

Also, can there be a general announcement for package issues to be submitted to github? I understand this is where the devs look the most, and is also a bigger part of their work flow. I have added issues occasionally as a beta-tester, and it seems straightforward from the user side. (Though it took me a while to delete forks I accidentally made. lol)

Artix Wiki bonzai! Thanks devs and now @SGOrava.

Reply #10
Adding the new repos structure to News, Sourceforge is currently not allowing SSHing and I can't get the sums.

Reply #11
@nous

Sourceforge being down probably has to something to do with the memcached DDoS of github.

Supposedly,

Quote from: Sourceforge
SHA256 sum
f6568163dcb8b2aebbfed26e4d277e68781c2b4560e6eabbe9ec50d1349506c0 artix-lxqt-20180108-x86_64.iso
source

PS: Can you add a link to the 20180108 torrent to the download page as well?

Thank you.