Skip to main content
Topic: systemd-free.org is no more (Read 3529 times) previous topic - next topic

systemd-free.org is no more

I've decided not to renew the domain's registration as the site has served its purpose.

I've kept a mirror of it at https://systemd-free.artixlinux.org for posterity and soon I'll migrate the comments archive from Disqus too.

Thanks everyone for visiting, contributing and spreading the word.

Re: systemd-free.org is no more

Reply #1
I'll miss the page. I visited it back in the Manjaro Openrc era, and used it to migrate my system from Manjaro to Artix.

I'd change your sig as well, just a thought. ;)

Thank you @nous and the other devs for keeping the dream alive!

Reply #2
My thanks too.

It really is great to still be able to use Linux & not be forced to only have the likes of the BSD's (though I do use OpenBSD on my tower). Linux does have "extras" that we can't get anywhere else. :)

Reply #3
The end of an era, yet the start of a new one.

Reply #4
Yes thank you

Reply #5
nous, i know people who are almost certainly very interested in mirroring parts/pages of that archive-- with links and attribution of course.

is there any part of that they should steer clear of, or is it fair game / fair use? (please forgive the wordplay, only one of those is a relevant legal term.)

Reply #6
People are free to do whatever they like with the systemd-free pages, as long as they make sure they understand some of that material is dated or obsolete.

Reply #7
thanks very much.

Reply #8
I've migrated the Disqus comments too (they are associated to domain and path and won't appear if any change whatsoever is made).

The circle is now complete.