Skip to main content
Topic: Social media (Read 11713 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Social media

Reply #1
Cool, I use twitter for some other things. No harm in following you guys.

Reply #2
Google+ Artix Linux  yes

Reply #3
G+ is going off ,  no harm  to use twitter with some precautions, but telegram is requiring a phone number to register (No i will never provide it), FB in socila networks is much like systemd for linux.
why not mastodon, diaspora, friendica or gnusocial ... in addition the IRC.
I think people using Artix are very concerned with freedom of softwares and privacy, ... people there needs to see you,  so lets see you on the right side.

Artix is not for everyone it is for people who know what they need and what they do.
Keep it Simple. Simple is Secure, Simple is Beautiful.

Reply #4
An XMPP channel maybe?

Reply #5
Yeah i have got account on twitter as well...
However i avoid everything that has google or facebook in it ;). I also don't know what's telegram. I have got account on diaspora however i don't really go on there cuz i always forget i don't think i remember my credentials.

Reply #7
G+ is going off ,  no harm  to use twitter with some precautions, but telegram is requiring a phone number to register (No i will never provide it), FB in socila networks is much like systemd for linux.
why not mastodon, diaspora, friendica or gnusocial ... in addition the IRC.
I think people using Artix are very concerned with freedom of softwares and privacy, ... people there needs to see you,  so lets see you on the right side.

Artix is not for everyone it is for people who know what they need and what they do.

Well said. The unfortunate thing though is that Facebook and Twitter are by far the most widely used social networks on the planet - by a very large margin indeed. Basically, in order for Artix (or any enetity, not just the devs for a linux distro) to expand their userbase and become more well known, they unfortunately need to play ball with the duopoly that Facebook and Twitter have on social networking - because the majority of people just aren't going to stop using either of them, even though it is undeniably blatant just how much data they siphon from their users in order to make a quick buck.

It's a bit of a double-edged sword really. Submit to the dominant stronghold that Facebook and Twitter have over the majority of network traffic on the internet in order to expand your userbase, or go against that and probably not expand your userbase by much at all...it's sad, really.

Reply #8
Would be cool an Artix mastodon instance  8)

Reply #9
Would be cool an Artix mastodon instance  8)

I would like to follow Artix in Mastodon. I kept Facebook because I use it as an agenda but I rarely connects there and I deleted my Twitter.
Artix Linux Colombia

Reply #12
Twitter and FB outlets are unmaintained and undesirable due to heavy tracking and censorship. The most active by far is our Telegram group.

Reply #14
Jami?