Skip to main content
Topic: invalid or corrupted packages (PGP signatures) - no packages updated (Read 1836 times) previous topic - next topic

invalid or corrupted packages (PGP signatures) - no packages updated

My attempts at

Code: [Select]
  pacman -Syu
and
 pacman -Syyu
for the last 2 days ended all up as:
 archlinux-keyrin...  1140.2 KiB   731 KiB/s 00:02 [####################] 100%
 Total (3/3)           253.5 MiB  1236 KiB/s 03:30 [####################] 100%
(222/222) checking keys in keyring                 [####################] 100%
(222/222) checking package integrity               [####################] 100%
error: archlinux-keyring: signature from "Dudemanguy <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/archlinux-keyring-20220927-1.1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y              
error: firefox-esr: signature from "Dudemanguy <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/firefox-esr-102.4.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: libreoffice-fresh: signature from "Dudemanguy <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libreoffice-fresh-7.4.1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

As I did not find any reference to this here at this forum I am wondering if it may be a problem with my installation.  I had been  updating it without problems for a pretty long time.

I enclose the complete output for the two commands in case they may be of help.

Re: invalid or corrupted packages (PGP signatures) - no packages updated

Reply #2
Update artix-keyring first by itself and then after that you should be able to do the rest.

Reply #3

Thanks conky60 and Dudemanguy for precise support,  it worked swiftly.

the only exception was the
pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/package-1.3.9-1.x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
loading packages...
error: '/var/cache/pacman/pkg/package-1.3.9-1.x86_64.pkg.tar.xz': could not find or read package

which I had no idea of what it was but tried anyway.  Is this anything I should further pursuit ? or can I safely mark this as solved?

Reply #4
Thanks conky60 and Dudemanguy for precise support,  it worked swiftly.

the only exception was the
pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/package-1.3.9-1.x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
loading packages...
error: '/var/cache/pacman/pkg/package-1.3.9-1.x86_64.pkg.tar.xz': could not find or read package

which I had no idea of what it was but tried anyway.  Is this anything I should further pursuit ? or can I safely mark this as solved?
That is just a generic command. You would substitute a particular "package" name and version which you were trying to install from your pacman cache....presumably one that was not installing otherwise.

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.