Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] krita fails to start due to upgrade of quazip-qt5 (Read 405 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] krita fails to start due to upgrade of quazip-qt5

Hi all.

I performed my usual daily update today and found that Krita fails to start due to looking for an older version of quazip-qt5. The output on the terminal reads as so:

Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/krita: error while loading shared libraries: libquazip1-qt5.so.1.3.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Utilizing ldd shows reads a similar result
ldd /usr/bin/krita | grep quazip
libquazip1-qt5.so.1.3.0 => not found

My /var/log/pacman.log shows an upgrade today of both quazip-qt5 and krita as well:
upgraded quazip-qt5 (1.3-1.2 -> 1.4-1.1)
upgraded krita (5.1.5-1 -> 5.1.5-2)

The strange thing is a locate search still turns up libquazip1-qt5.so.1.3.0 in /usr/lib:

locate libquazip

/usr/lib/libquazip1-qt5.so
/usr/lib/libquazip1-qt5.so.1.3
/usr/lib/libquazip1-qt5.so.1.3.0

Downgrading the quzip-qt5 package back to 1.3-1.2 and adding the package to my IgnorePkg in /etc/pacman.conf works for now, but I thought I'd post this to bring the issue to the attention of the community.

Thanks as always for even taking a look at this. Any advice on how to resolve this without rolling back the package would be appreciated, but otherwise  I'll wait for the package maintainers to address it in their own time. Again, thank you all!

EDIT: Thanks to the Artix developers for addressing this issue. Krita is back up and running. Very much appreciated.

Re: krita fails to start due to upgrade of quazip-qt5

Reply #1
Yes, krita needs to be rebuilt against the new quazip. But Krita can't find the new quazip. Our usual fix for this sort of cmake junk isn't working. Will continue to look for a solution.

Reply #2
But Krita can't find the new quazip.

I would enter quazip-qt5 as a dependency in PKGBUILD .
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "

Reply #3
Just updated krita, along with others, after mirrors sync; this should no longer be an issue