Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: still something up with libreoffice-still? (Read 333 times) previous topic - next topic

still something up with libreoffice-still?

I just updated, after reading all the day-old posts about boost vs. libreoffice. Here's what I get now:
Code: [Select]
$ ldd /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin | grep boost
libboost_locale.so.1.80.0 => not found
libboost_filesystem.so.1.81.0 => /usr/lib/libboost_filesystem.so.1.81.0 (0x00007f4ce8652000)
libboost_iostreams.so.1.81.0 => /usr/lib/libboost_iostreams.so.1.81.0 (0x00007f4ce863b000)
libboost_atomic.so.1.81.0 => /usr/lib/libboost_atomic.so.1.81.0 (0x00007f4ce7a5e000)
$ pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin                             
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin is owned by libreoffice-still 7.3.7-2
$ pacman -Q boost-libs
boost-libs 1.81.0-2
So my libreoffice has somehow been compiled against two different versions of boost-libs simultaneously?

Re: still something up with libreoffice-still?

Reply #1
libreoffice-still is an arch package
libreoffice-fresh is provided by artix in the universe repo.

But your output looked odd so I just downloaded libreoffice-still from https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libreoffice-still/download/ to have a look:
Code: [Select]
libboost_locale.so.1.81.0 => /usr/lib/libboost_locale.so.1.81.0

Try reinstalling it maybe ? If you do remove it from /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ first.

Reply #2
Arch has 7.3.7-3, and I'm pretty sure mine (7.3.7-2) is the one from omniverse.  But now I noticed it was built in December... But here it was suggested it was updated yesterday... My pacman.conf looks exactly like in the wiki (for omniverse) and I've tried pacman -Syy.

Reply #3
Sorry I was forgetting about omniverse. Too many extra repo's.
You are right https://eu-mirror.artixlinux.org/omniverse/x86_64/libreoffice-still-7.3.7-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is from 4th of December.
I guess that needs updating ?

The thread you linked seems to say that libreoffice-fresh was updated and only that libreoffice-still exists, in omniverse

Reply #5
Yes! Changing mirrors worked, thanks!
I'll mark this as solved, but would still appreciate it if anyone can shed any light on the ldd output in the OP. You know, from a learning/understanding perspective.