Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Corectrl crashes on start because of quazip (Read 360 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Corectrl crashes on start because of quazip

It gives the following error when I start it from the terminal:
corectrl: error while loading shared libraries: libquazip1-qt5.so.1.4.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Searched it up with pacsearch and it seems the Artix repo ships quazip 1.4.1, while the Arch repo only ships 1.4.0. What should I do in this situation? I don't feel like switching to the Arch version is a good idea.

Re: Corectrl crashes on start because of quazip

Reply #1
In this case since it is an Arch community package, it will always be packaged with Arch's version of the libraries.
Because of lags between Artix and Arch these type of library breaks will occur.

If you can wait. in due course the community package with be updated once the new version of quazip is released in Arch.

One option is to go back to the previous versions of the quazip and any applications linked to it if they exist.

If you are in dire need to have it run at the earliest possible time with the new version of the library then you must download the package files, build and install the updated version of the package so it can be linked to the new library.

Re: Corectrl crashes on start because of quazip

Reply #2
Quazip just updated 1.4-1.1 -> 1.4-1.2, and CoreCtrl works again, so the issue seems resolved.