Skip to main content
Topic: Artix needs your help (Read 1990 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Artix needs your help

Reply #15
They can setup an rsync cronjob from rsync://mirror1.artixlinux.org. Cheers and thanks!

it looks like there was a slight change to the tree structure. 

when I run

rsync -avz  rsync://mirror1.artixlinux.org  /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/nylxs/mirror/

it returns
artix-linux

Same if I try to pull from the root
rsync -avz  rsync://mirror1.artixlinux.org :/  /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/nylxs/mirror/

when I run
 rsync -avz  rsync://mirror1.artixlinux.org:/artix-linux  /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/nylxs/mirror/
it doesn't include the repos and isos subdirectories

I've actually never seen rsync do this before , that is return just a message 'artix-linux'

Reply #16
The ISOs subdir in mirror1 syncs separately from sourceforge and is not exported through rsyncd. We use a top-level directory of artix-linux to make it easier for secondary mirrors to discern what (and where) they're downloading. If you rsync directly from  rsync://mirror1.artixlinux.org you'll get the repo subdirs neatly tucked below artix-linux.

Reply #17
Do we have new mirrors that need to be added to the artix-mirrorlist package?

Reply #18
The ISOs subdir in mirror1 syncs separately from sourceforge and is not exported through rsyncd. We use a top-level directory of artix-linux to make it easier for secondary mirrors to discern what (and where) they're downloading. If you rsync directly from  rsync://mirror1.artixlinux.org you'll get the repo subdirs neatly tucked below artix-linux.

That doesn't apear to be how it is behaving.  The subdirs yes, but not a root named repos.

Reply #20
You can rsync from mirror1 into whatever directory you like. Your mirror doesn't have to have a repos or an artix-linux or a freshdonuts URL.

well, I did it and it has a repos and is an exact copy of mirror1 new