Skip to main content
Topic: HP-printer (Read 1091 times) previous topic - next topic

HP-printer

Hi just started to use artix and gnome on xorg and its running pretty good. but  cant get Hp-printer to run.scanning is perfect.
Installed hplip and cups but no printer  recognized. worked all time with antergos and other. what I am doing wrong ?
Thanks for help. Wolf

Re: HP-printer

Reply #1
In XFCE you need to go to Menu - Settings - Print settings and follow the add a printer dialogue.
There might be some extra packages and procedures needed that would depend on the printer and driver used.
This might provide some clues (lsusb works for a usb connected printer)
sudo lsusb -vvv
sudo lpinfo -v

Reply #2
I'm guessing you have the hplip-plugin installed as well?

Reply #3
Thanks for reply , yes i installed most of dependencies I found on arch and antergos forum . at the end the usb-printer shows up , but could not get the ppd to work. after this I reinstalled the hole system, but no luck. after 2 hours got it on my old imac
(native installation)
after  reinstalled all apps and  reboot ,everything was black-"nothing". Sorry ,but went back to Antergos and printer worxs.
I am only an normal grandpa user , but like always the idea of freedom.
Will come back later in the year , because  Artix is the fastest distro on gnome i tried so far, and I can install the apps, only I want!!
In general: This is the disadvantage of Linux : "The kids are not united" - to many cooking's ,but no power.
Thanks for helping Wolf

Reply #5
yes......i did :D