Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Teamviewer Openrc (Read 2155 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Teamviewer Openrc

I need help, I installed teamviewer and teamviewer-openrc, I also started the service and added to the default level but it does not work.

It just says...

Code: [Select]
Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Starting network process (no daemon)
Network process already started (or error)
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

What I am missing here?

Re: Teamviewer Openrc

Reply #1
I need help, I installed teamviewer and teamviewer-openrc, I also started the service and added to the default level but it does not work.

It just says...

Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Starting network process (no daemon)
Network process already started (or error)
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

What I am missing here?

I've been going through the same thing but I only have a workaround not a solution.  Despite having the startup assigned to the default run level, after a reboot it doesn't come up.  I have to be physically present for a reboot and then after the machine comes up I have to kill all teamviewere pids and then run:

sudo /etc/init.d/teamviewer-sysv restart

On the machine I will be connecting to later.  Unfortunately I don't remember where it pulled in  that rc script and subsequent installs of teamviewer-openrc just creates an /etc/init.d/teamviewer rc script and I haven't had time to diff the 2 but restarting it should change the status in the GUI to "Ready to connect"
Host: Predator PH517-61 V1.07
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (16) @ 3.2GHz [112.4°F]
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX Vega 56/64
Memory: 1129MiB / 64390MiB

Reply #2
Unfortunately I don't remember where it pulled in  that rc script and subsequent installs of teamviewer-openrc just creates an /etc/init.d/teamviewer rc script and I haven't had time to diff the 2 but restarting it should change the status in the GUI to "Ready to connect"

I found teamviewerd.sysv.  It's in /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script.  I just copied it to /etc/init.d/ and ran:

rc-update add teamviewerd.sysv default

It doesn't work but running /etc/init.d/teamviewerd.sysv restart after I'm at the desktop does make teamviewer run properly again.
Host: Predator PH517-61 V1.07
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (16) @ 3.2GHz [112.4°F]
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX Vega 56/64
Memory: 1129MiB / 64390MiB

Reply #3
Is there another solution than starting teamviewerd.sysv 'manually' (I included it to my KDE startup scripts so it's kind of automatic). I have the same situation as explained above three years ago. Any hints are highly appreciated ;)
as always, correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Reply #4
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&SeB=nd&K=teamviewer&outdated=&SB=l&SO=d&PP=50&do_Search=Jdi
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/teamviewer-openrc/

but nobody can say, if that will works, because teamviewer IS closed proprietary software... so totally unsupported.  So maybe is the psy0nic solution the only possible solution .

edit: Gentoo have newest initd for Teamviewer 15:
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/plain/net-misc/teamviewer/files/teamviewerd15.init

Reply #5
:D sorry, I was just stupid. I was about to try the Gentoo script, so I removed the teamviewerd.sysv from default runlevel. I also delted the copied file and proofing the deletion with ls showed somthing interesting Something created a teamviewer script in /etc/init.d/ I guess it was the teamviewer-openrc package. As I added this script to the default runlevel everything worked fine.
as always, correct me if I'm wrong ;)