Skip to main content
Topic: [SOLVED] How do I clean install artix-base-runit-20180604.iso? (Read 2279 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] How do I clean install artix-base-runit-20180604.iso?

Hi guys

Just downloaded artix-base-runit-20180604.iso
How do I install it?
Any info?

EDIT:
I have been instructed (on irc) to consult https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Installation and replace openrc with runit
I will post the result...
ἕν οἶδα, ὅτι οὐδέν οἶδα
I know one thing; that I know nothing

Re: How do I clean install artix-base-runit-20180604.iso?

Reply #1
oh, man, I LOVE runit

Just picture this: I am trying to get slim to start throught runit, so

Code: [Select]
mkdir /etc/runit/sv/slim
echo 'exec /usr/bin/slim -nodaemon' > /etc/runit/sv/slim/run
chmod +x /etc/runit/sv/slim/run
ln -s /etc/runit/sv/slim /run/runit/service

Nothing happens. So...

Code: [Select]
vim /etc/runit/sv/slim/run
O
#!/bin/sh
<ESC>:wq

And boom! as soon as i press ENTER, i gaze at slim login image!
Amazing!

BTW: There is a wiki page about installing the runit cd: https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Runit/Installation
I widh I foundit before going the hard way; it would have saved me a couple of hours I spen on NetworkManager ;)
ἕν οἶδα, ὅτι οὐδέν οἶδα
I know one thing; that I know nothing

Re: [SOLVED] How do I clean install artix-base-runit-20180604.iso?

Reply #2
I have done it two different ways a) basestrap b) calamares  and switched to runit afterwards.  Everything went ok.
With basestrap you select or make a partition to make the installation and that transfers the base system on to it.
If the live image is run on a large usb there is plenty of space to install X and desktop, the calamares and artix-branding.  Then run calamares installer.
With runit transition, you remove the openrc stuff and artix-sysvcompat, openrc itself, then install runit and corresponding -runit services and artix-sysvcompat look at the artix-wiki-runit section.  Whatever you do, don't shutdown without an init system in place.