Skip to main content
Topic: Artwork! (Read 13548 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Artwork!

Reply #1
While I offered help with logo and webpage, some projects of mine suddenly kicked off and I needed to tend to them. I did, however some brainstorming and currently out of ~10-smth sketches the best IMO (not a final product) I came up with is this. I think the logo should stick to something simple, with typography as a bonus, so the symbol itself could function autonomously.
 A.png 5.65 KB, 163x168 - viewed 1832 times

Reply #2
I like the concept and its simplicity. In the meantime, I've found some time to overhaul the website, it should be deployed in a few days.

Reply #3
Impressive work - I couldn't see the images unless I logged in for some reason btw.
I don't see any obvious unintended imagery myself, whether anyone else spots something... ;D :
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=135017

Reply #4
Got some time to hack on the logo. I'm fairly content with where this is going. What we have here is:
  • "Basic" horizontal and vertical versions in light purple,
  • "Irregular" horizontal version in blue,
  • "Three-shard" horizontal version in greenish.

Haven't decided on color yet. All versions can function in both horizontal and vertical alignments. The symbol is autonomous and can function without the sign. Input is welcome.

Reply #5
Very cool. I like the blue one much.  8)

Reply #6
I like the one with the 3 triangles best, it brings out the A and deviates from arch.
As for color I like red.  I really like the font too.

How'bout
R-tix (where the R would blend with the arch sign).

Reply #8
I would preffer some dark variant.
Blue and green version are also fine.
Good work.

I would preffer the last version.
I can think of animation where different sections of logo represent different part of the system and slowly comes together to form Artix.

Reply #9
I like the blue but without the A as the logo should be the A

Reply #10
@Everyone

Is there progress with the nice icons? I would love to have next release with one of these icons.

Reply #11
Mostly cosmetical changes, but I couldn't get around to wrap things up. I'll try to get it done by the end of the week.

Reply #12
Wonderful, could you also provide svg?

Reply #13
It's made in Inkscape, so yeah. I'd also like to prepare at least a basic proper brand book, but can't promise that one will be ready 'till the weeks end.

Edit:
There. If there's no vetos then I'll be at my desk workin' on that brand book.

Reply #14
On a second thought and look, could you make the second variant just in blue instead green? The 3 divided A. :)