Skip to main content
Topic: Artwork! (Read 13543 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Artwork!

Reply #15
Are you sure about that? Does it not seem too fragmented? I don't have a problem with that, but I would need a bit more time to finalize it.

Reply #16
Either of the 2 lower designs have the lower right triangle being separated by a non-parallel divider.  I think the angle is a little extreme, at least they should be radial starting at the lower left corner as a center, or parallel.
I think the triple division deviates enough from Arch and I think artix should.
Color:  What about the blue-green in the initial dna-chain background of artix-1?  Trying to remember it, I still have it somewhere, I am not sure it was blue or green.

Reply #17
It's made in Inkscape, so yeah. I'd also like to prepare at least a basic proper brand book, but can't promise that one will be ready 'till the weeks end.

Are you sure about that? Does it not seem too fragmented? I don't have a problem with that, but I would need a bit more time to finalize it.

The 3-part A IMHO looks even better, whether in blue or green (why not a gradient of blue->green too). A dark variant would be awesome too, for people using dark-themed desktops. And 4 pizzas to boot, please!

Reply #18
There are certain rules to follow if one wants to stay in accordance with craft art, so we can't go too crazy. I will take a look at additional approaches though.

Reply #20
Nice, could you make  an additional A without text, pure logo?

I open in inkscape and save svg yes?

What do others think? In my view slightly too greenish, "manjaroish" in color, I think more blueish?

Reply #21
It's excellent, as a shape. Let's agree on the colours.

[EDIT] Either "bluer" or "greener", it's kind of ambiguous as it is.

Reply #22
Nice, could you make  an additional A without text, pure logo?
What do you mean? If you mean just the signet, then yes, the brandbook will cover that.
I open in inkscape and save svg yes?
No, these are just previews exported from inkscape. Forum allows only a handful of file types and SVG is not among them. Final versions would have to be put somewhere - I imagine an official repo, but for starters I could host them from my server.
What do others think? In my view slightly too greenish, "manjaroish" in color, I think more blueish?
The problem with color is that all blue brings Arch to memory. Too green - Manjaro. Too purple - Parabola. The current color is a compromise between blue and green, as there were mixed opinions about that.

Reply #23
I can give you access to the artwork repo on gitea. Best PM nous.

In my view, the current color probably does not fit well with the dark and blueish themes we use everywhere.
I imagine it would kind of look a bit odd, blue text colors and a somewhat "out of line in color" greenish but very cool logo.

Reply #26
Great, I like the color, yeah, we'd need the thing without the "artix" text, just Triforce A.

Reply #27
It's beautiful in every colour. Congratulations, @Everyone!

Reply #28
This is very nice.

My preference:
1- Red (because it works on white background as well)
1- light cyan (same reason)

The gold was initially my first choice but it does not look good on white.

https://imgur.com/a/v03z6HF

Reply #29
2 - Cyan for me. It's a color of the current label. It's the color of Arch. Keep it.
Red reminds me FBSD. If there will be anything FBSD related red will work.