Skip to main content
Topic: New lxqt iso images - installing KDE Plasma 5 (Read 1860 times) previous topic - next topic

New lxqt iso images - installing KDE Plasma 5

Hi all,

I have seen with pleasure that new iso images were released.  ;D
In the past it was the case that you could choose between LXQT and Plasma 5 during the installation and thus only had one desktop installed. With the new images I do not find this choice.
Is it still possible to choose between the two desktops during installation, or do I have to run the base installation first and then install KDE Plasma 5?

greets
Roberto

Re: New lxqt iso images - installing KDE Plasma 5

Reply #1
In the past it was the case that you could choose between LXQT and Plasma 5 during the installation and thus only had one desktop installed. With the new images I do not find this choice.
Is it still possible to choose between the two desktops during installation, or do I have to run the base installation first and then install KDE Plasma 5?
Only LXQt in the new ISOs. It's not worth the trouble to go through the CLI installer, when you can easily remove LXQt completely and install KDE Plasma in its stead.

Re: New lxqt iso images - installing KDE Plasma 5

Reply #2
Only LXQt in the new ISOs. It's not worth the trouble to go through the CLI installer, when you can easily remove LXQt completely and install KDE Plasma in its stead.
Hi nous,

thank you fpr your help.

I tried it out in a virtual maschine with the following commands.
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -Rs lxqt
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -S plasma
After a reboot, my system has KDE Plasma 5 as desktop and runs fine.
I hope that I have removed LXQT completely now and that I have a clean system with Plasma as desktop.

greets
Roberto