Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] River wlroots conflict (Read 352 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] River wlroots conflict

I'm using extra/river which recently switched to the extra/wlroots0.17 package. However I have wlroots installed from world/wlroots which causes the error:

Code: [Select]
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
wlroots0.17: /usr/lib/libwlroots.so.12 exists in filesystem (owned by wlroots)

When updating.

What would be the best way of resolving this and updating to the most recent river package?

Or if river could be packaged for the Artix repos so I don't have to worry about conflicts between Arch packages getting their dependencies from Artix packages that'd be great.

Re: River wlroots conflict

Reply #1
pacman -Syu --ignore wlroots

river requires 0.17 for now, I'm building from master and had to revert. You'd need the older wlroots installed to run it too even if it compiles.

Arch has wlroots 0.18 in extra so I'm not sure it's directly a problem with anybody's repo, just a side effect of running a rolling release distro with a compositor that's still in development.

Reply #2
pacman -Syu --ignore wlroots

river requires 0.17 for now, I'm building from master and had to revert. You'd need the older wlroots installed to run it too even if it compiles.

Arch has wlroots 0.18 in extra so I'm not sure it's directly a problem with anybody's repo, just a side effect of running a rolling release distro with a compositor that's still in development.
The same error message appears with --ignore wlroots. wlroots0.17 is a different package to wlroots and wlroots owns /usr/lib/libwlroots.so.12. I tried to just install wlroots0.17 but pacman doesn't like it because wlroots already owns that file. Not sure what the least messy way of resolving this is.

Reply #3
Not sure what the least messy way of resolving this is.
I think you need to specifically update wlroots. 0.18 does not contain /usr/lib/libwlroots.so.12
You may need to use the -d flag to ignore dependencies ?

Once wlroots is at version 0.18 you should be able to do a full update without the file conflict.

All guesses. I don't use wayland.

Reply #4
Not sure what the least messy way of resolving this is.
I think you need to specifically update wlroots. 0.18 does not contain /usr/lib/libwlroots.so.12
You may need to use the -d flag to ignore dependencies ?

Once wlroots is at version 0.18 you should be able to do a full update without the file conflict.

All guesses. I don't use wayland.
Thank you, you were right. pacman -Sd wlroots and then pacman -Syu resolved everything.