Skip to main content
Topic: New images availability? (Read 395 times) previous topic - next topic

New images availability?

Could you tell me when the new images will be available?
https://armtixlinux.org/images/

Is there a schedule?

Re: New images availability?

Reply #1
I used to upload images every month in the past but currently i either have some packages not built at the moment or simply am too busy to update image
ARMtix

Reply #2
I see so there is no ETA for new image, thanks.
Because the current images have some months.

Reply #3
I see so there is no ETA for new image, thanks.
Because the current images have some months.

Like with Arch itself, it really does not matter (to a point that is) how old the image is, as long as you are able/willing to know how to update the keys, you will end up with the latest applications. I really don't see a point to having an iso updated weekly or even monthly.

That's my take at least. But, I do get it, there are some that need to have the shiny-new. Be happy though, there are meds for that too ;)

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Reply #4
@cds I'd say every few months as there are configs and sometimes package files that get mixed up.

still i agree with you partially as the last image there came in March, so indeed recent enough.

if i may add with my limited expertise arm is finicky and device support has to be customized anyway if it's not universal, updates don't add much. so this just leaves rootfs in question for the above :)

Reply #5
I asked about the ETA and if there is a schedule, I did not ask a weekly image.

Image that has months require time to update and updating dinit-rc breaks the systems (root-ro service) on my phone.
Like with Arch itself, it really does not matter (to a point that is) how old the image is
If you have very old image I think that it may totally break.

On my ARMtix "virtual machine" I see too a big update:
Code: [Select]
[2024-05-23...] [ALPM] upgraded dinit-rc (0.2.3-1 -> 0.2.9-1)
[2024-07-03...] [ALPM] upgraded dinit-rc (0.2.9-1 -> 0.4.7-1)
It's a rootfs where I chroot.

Reply #6
If you have very old image I think that it may totally break.

This true, thus the "to a point that is" comment. I assumed that would go without saying.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious