Skip to main content
Topic: new iso from sourceforge only boots in efi mode (Read 2488 times) previous topic - next topic

new iso from sourceforge only boots in efi mode

when i try to bot the usb in other than efi mode it hangs and doesnt boot.  one time it got hung up on clearing the /tmp space?

truly crazy behavior

aint no way i'm gonna install an efi on my pc.  not today, not ever.  there is nothing about a partition that a windows virus or malware can write to that will ever make my pc more secure

Re: new iso from sourceforge only boots in efi mode

Reply #1
ok got it to boot and installed.....

but when i try to login to these forums from withing artix i cant log in, even when logged out of my arch labs session

this is bizarre.  if i have to reboot into archlabs to use your forums, what's the point?

Reply #2
but when i try to login to these forums from withing artix i cant log in, even when logged out of my arch labs session
this is bizarre.  if i have to reboot into archlabs to use your forums, what's the point?
Well, that is indeed bizarre and shouldn't happen. What browser are you using? Have you tried another? Is your system clock correctly setup in Artix? I occasionally receive "session expired" errors when trying to log in, but usually 1 retry is enough to succeed. For the record, I just logged in from the latest runit ISO with falkon, installed in vmware.

Reply #3
I had this yesterday, and just now when I tried to answer here again. My clock is right btw.
An Error Has Occurred
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
Palemoon - do this -
Tools - Preferences - Privacy - History - remove individual cookies - (type artix in search box) - remove all shown
Then it works. It's a cookie problem, perhaps they only last a day then go mouldy and stale. They must be near their sell by date at the moment.  :D

Great tip about the dangers of efi, I hadn't heard that before.

Reply #4
aint no way i'm gonna install an efi on my pc.  not today, not ever.  there is nothing about a partition that a windows virus or malware can write to that will ever make my pc more secure

Yep that's how i feel as well

Reply #5

I have had this happen all day today i've just got a message say this blla uses cookies then it logged me in.

Reply #6
Do you have any plugins on the browser that could be blocking something?  Things like gorgle-analytics or gurgle-apis, unfortunately they are present on this forum.

Reply #7
Its all working fine today but thanks for the info.

Reply #8

Hi Lizzi long time no see and welcome to Artix