Skip to main content
Topic: How do artix devs support dinit for artix? (Read 205 times) previous topic - next topic

How do artix devs support dinit for artix?

Hi people, I am here to ask if I can ask a developer for artix linux (preferably dinit). Like how did they change from arch to artix dinit what processes need to be changed, in general, what are the changes done to turn convert arch's init system from systemd to dinit. Is there a resource i can get online which shows the changes done to arch? The reason I am asking is because I want to do what artix does but by myself like, independantly. Reason being mostly to try something like this, having done lfs, daily driving gentoo for a while on my fav potato pc, I want to turn my existing arch based system to use dinit without actually changing anything that doenst need to be changed, like i want all the updates (that dont pertain to init systems) from my original distro devs, I dont want my system to become artix as migration would do, I want my system to be cachyos with dinit.
I have installed artix in the past and have had success and would like to now try this on a vm for the sake of it, to see if it is possible as I like cachy alot, just wish it was sysd free!
Thank you for your time!

Re: How do artix devs support dinit for artix?

Reply #1
If i'm not wrong you can find anything in /usr/lib/dinit.d and /etc/dinit.d.
It's probably a drag and drop from there to other distros with dinit set as an init.
Kinda want to try this with alpine.
LE: cachy is also arch based so you'll need to "borrow" a lot more components from here to work without sysd; it's not just the init services.

Re: How do artix devs support dinit for artix?

Reply #2
Wow interesting, yes i am aware shytstemd is not just an init service, i forgot about its other functions, so i will have to replace those lol. thanks for the directories i need to look in!