Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: pppd version (2.5.1) and NetworkManager pppd plugin version (2.5.0) mismatch. (Read 326 times) previous topic - next topic

pppd version (2.5.1) and NetworkManager pppd plugin version (2.5.0) mismatch.

When I want to connect to LTE network (via NetworkManager), connection fails.

/var/log/ppp/current shows
Code: [Select]
Oct 10 21:06:17 [pppd] Plugin /usr/lib/pppd/2.5.0/nm-pppd-plugin.so is for pppd version 2.5.0, this is 2.5.1
* /usr/lib/pppd/2.5.0/nm-pppd-plugin.so is owned by world/networkmanager version 1.48.10-1,
* /usr/bin/pppd is owned by system/ppp version 2.5.1-1.

Re: pppd version (2.5.1) and NetworkManager pppd plugin version (2.5.0) mismatch.

Reply #1
Hi!
Can you send a feedback with the latest networkmanager version, please? Thank you.

Re: pppd version (2.5.1) and NetworkManager pppd plugin version (2.5.0) mismatch.

Reply #2
Can you send a feedback with the latest networkmanager version, please? Thank you.
Now world/networkmanager has been updated to version 1.50.0-1. Previously it was not (it was still at version 1.48.10-1). Of course I did a pacman -Sy before.

Seems like this again was a case where dependencies were not updated atomically, or where an update was pushed only to gremlins repositories but not to the main repositories?

Reply #3
Seems like this again was a case where dependencies were not updated atomically, or where an update was pushed only to gremlins repositories but not to the main repositories?
I didn't have time to move it to the stable repository in time, but now it seems to be working.