Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Qterminal buggy, what are alternatives (Read 978 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Qterminal buggy, what are alternatives

Hi, I am relative noob to linux daily driver, but I am liking Artix a lot. One frustrating thing is qterminal, which won't save my preferences. I have updated to the latest git version, but it still will not save preferences. Other minor bugs with qterminal I can live with.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem, or if not, what is another terminal app that would be a good replacement?

Thanks.

Re: Qterminal buggy, what are alternatives

Reply #1
If anyone is interested, I installed kitty to replace qterminal. It seems pretty good and fast.
https://sw.kovidgoyal.net/kitty/

Reply #2
Hello,
I dare to say this is the question at the same level as "What distribution should I use?" or "What the should I use".

I am using Terminator as stand alone program and Konsole which is integrated in many KDE applications.

There are many terminal emulators in this world. Some are made to be useful and some just for fun:
- Terminology
- Cool Retro Term

Reply #3
I have always used lxterminal and I am happy with it.

Reply #4
Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it  :)

Reply #5
I figured out why qterminal preferences were not saving. I found the qterminal.ini file in ~/.config/qterminal.org and it was set to owner root. I chown to my user and it's saving now.