Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: problem with audio device after i deleted networkmanager (Read 2306 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: problem with audio device after i deleted networkmanager

Reply #15

Im not fan of wiki and wiki is something like a virus. So i am not gonna read any wikis.

That's purely you problem then.
But imagine for a second, i would not read documentation,  artix would not be there, no buildbot, nothing, because I was waiting for someone to spoonfeed me information. I spent last couple of weeks reading documentation.

Reply #16
yeah, i completely understand it and respect this

however i am new to linux and i am a bit disappointed that every linux user reads wikis and googles. Every developer can't live without wiki or wikia.
I used to play online games that had .wikia things for them and unfortunately they were killing or already killed most of respected and great fansites where people put lots of time to provide all knowledge and they were ad-free too.
While wikia is bloated website because it has many advertisements.

I understand this that wiki is reliable source of knowledge for everybody, however i dislike reading stuff on the screen so that means i'd rather pay money for physical books that can teach me using linux without connecting to internet.
I understand that i can download websites onto my computer, but i don't really wanna be connected to internet all the time. Since that doesn't matter, i can see as i said that every linux dev do the same stuff, read wikis, read wikis, read wikis. I seriously think that stuff like google or wikis kill relationships between people because people are not forced to write valuable posts that means use their brain a bit more than just going on wikia, but everybody forces to read wikis and wikis. Why does everybody has to do same thing all the time.
Since it is all digital now, for me that means every person becomes 'slave' of wikis. Soon every developer won't have to read any book. Instead of creating valuable posts on the forums people send others to google and wiki so they don't have to explain things, because somebody already has done that for them.
I am a bit sick of using search engine or wiki for every issue i encounter. People can't think for themselves anymore, they must do what somebody on wiki said.

So please understand me, that for my better experience is to have contact with somebody or at least rely just on myself about how to maintain my operation system. Since i haven't got really money for new computer i have got money for books, i'd rather do things with a physical book than wiki :-). Wiki kills books business. I think in the past before wiki existed every IT guy had lots of books on their shelves. Linus Torvals didnt create linux using wiki.
So i am convinced that great things are more likely to happen without relying on wikis and search engines, but on own brain. Undiscovered is something that you can't find on wiki :).

Reply #17
Manpages have existed since the 70s and Torvalds absolutely read a ton of manpages while programming linux. The man command is your friend. Documentation is your friend. Nobody bothers to memorize a million commands and arguments when you can just do "man x" and a search in your terminal.

Reply #18
yeah man page is man page it's not wiki you don't need internet to read man pages, and man page is also on terminal.
while wiki is basically trying to make everybody on the planet read 'content' on wiki and do work on their computer. i am having fun when im using my computer, im not working.
fedora workstation it sounds so bad.

i strongly encourage everybody to create more sophisticated sentences rather than my browser dosnt work or that works great or this game works memory ram works too work for content to consume. volunteers on the planet do great job prodiving all content to people who work hard to make linux world better and more work and more work and work and work.
go on wiki and work hard.

i wonder if wiki comes from the same creator that wikipedia comes from and also wikia its so sad that everybody go on the same certain websites all the time, i miss internet from early times where websites were primitive there wasnt so much control and people werent so brainless working hard on their smartphones using their newest android 50, and work more to provide content to people who work hard to make planet better place and save lives while we gonna build more cars and everything will be ok.

i go on every forum about games and people are all about the same about how much they want developers put more content and game sucks when it doesnt get content i dont know why people are so in love with content, whats so nice in content, content sounds like penis to me. people work hard on internet to provide content (penis) for people and they pay for this too....
It's so terrifying that everywhere people use the same words all the time work content work content and wiki wiki wikia wikia google google its so scary, i think its better to not go on internet.
also reading 'content' on wikis often results with being spied cuz it has amazon or google advertisements. I'd like to use internet that is free of billionairie corporates controlling everything you do when you online. Websites free of words like work or content, and advertisements or google recaptcha.
Internet is scary place i think there should be something else than google advertisements everywhere.

And not sure if creator of linux is good guy to be honest, maybe he maintains kernel from what i heard but i dont know whos the good guy there.

also its hard to read a book or watch something on tv and not hear or read word like content or work
do you think that when i have full time work and after work when i wanna relax and not think about work, its nice when after work on internet i read word work i dont think this is nice, i go on gentoo hand book and its word work everywhere and people encourage me to try gentoo, it isnt very nice.

Reply #19
See, with microsoft you never had to do much work or read much or worry about audio and network management.
You just flip a switch and relax playing a game. 
Alternatively people use links or elinks and visit wikipedia.org in console, without X, and thus download a huge amount of reading material very fast.  No scripts, no funky graphics, no gif ads, no strange fonts, just terminal based browsing.  This is with a single core, 100mb or ram, and less than 1GB disk space.  That is smaller than solitaire.

Reply #20
I dont like doing work dude
i dont go on laptop to do work
i go on laptop to escape from reality.
people say life is what you make it but i dont agree with this
but my laptop is what i make it so my laptop my lyfe.

however yeah you can but reading stuff on the screen kills your eyes to be honest. There should be linux books available in shops, how to maitain linunx system (600 pages). Im gonna buy it.

Reply #21
Don't expect any help, if you freeely state, "I am too lazy to read a few lines".
Artix as a linux distro aims to have self reliant users, adults, and this view is shared by the artix team.

Reply #22
Don't expect any help, if you freeely state, "I am too lazy to read a few lines".
Artix as a linux distro aims to have self reliant users, adults, and this view is shared by the artix team.

i dont wanna read lines on websites with .wiki or .wikia at the end, id rather kill myself.