Skip to main content
Topic: Show Your Screenshots Here (Read 61350 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Show Your Screenshots Here

Reply #106

Void user here moving to  Artix 2 days ago, still figuring out this distro.
Like now i want to install realtime-kernel but i didn't find it through artix repo/pamac.
If someone have some idea i really appreciate your help.

Software maintenance is better than void, void handled/update core package very well but the normal package eg. mypaint/krita/inkscape etc is very outdated, not to blame the maintainer but it is what it is. Artix maintainers is much more reliable, 3 package that i mentioned is on the latest version on artix repo, feeling great because i dont have to waste my time compiling.

I definitely feel this distro is faster than void, loading application  is faster, i do a lot of graphic job and it shows.
I have no idea why is the difference is very noticeable, i use both minimal install and using runit on both os.
Thanks.

Reply #107
Nothing spectacular, pretty much standard KDE/Plasma

Theme: Breeze & Breeze dark
Icons: Breeze
Fonts: Noto Sans

Reply #108

Reply #110
Hi everyone,

here is a recent screenshot of my artix system. I just switched to artix s6 a week ago and really enjoy it.

The system I use and which is depicted: artix kernel, s6 init system, qtile window manager and alacritty as the terminal emulator.

Reply #112
Few changes since my last post,
back to i3bar, adjusting colorscheme (manta+nord)

Reply #114
i3 - no time spent on making things pretty - only functional (runit)

Reply #115
Looks fine to me.

Reply #117
Hello, this is the neofetch of my new little "monster". Now I'm waiting something similar, but with AMD CPU and GPU.

Reply #118
Finally systemd free, thanks Artix.