Skip to main content
Topic: Show Your Screenshots Here (Read 61394 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Show Your Screenshots Here

Reply #60
Fairly lame (or, at least, generic) screenshot.  But it proves I got Plasma working with Artix runit.  (I was getting the "can not sync environment with dbus" error and I had to make a lot of strange changes, including copying over my /etc/machine-id from another Artix installation, but ....)

https://scrot.moe/image/9qouN

You should never copy a machine-id from another machine, it is supposed to be unique for all machines. Use dbus-uuidgen to generate a valid and unique id.
Chris Cromer

Reply #61
Copied from installation on a different partition on the *same* machine: dbus-uuidgen was one of the very things refusing to work.

Reply #62
Artix openbox is still my daily driver, bit of new theming here. Simplistic stuff.

Reply #63

I use repositaries from Manjaro.

And my wife's Desk

Reply #64
@kekek I use repositaries from Manjaro.

Why would you do that Manjaro dropped Openrc 1 year ago so no point in using their repros. Artix has gone out of its way to rebuild Arch packages to be clean. Manjaro only uses systemd.
please explain.

Reply #65
@kekek I use repositaries from Manjaro.

Why would you do that Manjaro dropped Openrc 1 year ago so no point in using their repros. Artix has gone out of its way to rebuild Arch packages to be clean. Manjaro only uses systemd.
please explain.
Probably he is using Manjaro instead of Arch repositories, which is not supported and can lead to problems.

Reply #67
It's not that hard to mix repos from <insert-pacman-distro-or-unofficial-repo-here>, if you know how to fix the occasional breakage. Saves some time compiling from the AUR too and gives you access to lots of little extra thingamajigs you never knew they existed.

Reply #69
For those of you that are into plasma things this may be of high interest
Like @nous says, many precompiled pkgs ready, like a gnu-firefox among other things, and gksu.
I played with this thing just to see if I can remove its init system and substitute and plasma would still be in tact and it was.
But I have little interest in kde and plasma myself.

Code: [Select]
[bluestar]
SigLevel = Never TrustAll
#Server = http://osdn.dl.osdn.jp/storage/g/b/bl/bluestarlinux/repo/$arch
Server = http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/bluestarlinux/repo/$arch

Reply #70
Basic Dwm setup on Artix Linux.

Reply #73
i3 with conky (panel). Picture in wallpaper is clicked at Pangong Lake, Ladakh, India.
image-full.jpg
image-full0.jpg

Reply #74
Interesting place, 5km x 134km long 4350m altitude, salty, frozen for 4months.  Low temperature in July-August 5'C  .. nothing to burn to warm up.  Like a river high in the Himalayas that got blocked.