Skip to main content
Topic: Upgrade GPG errors etc (Read 6002 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Upgrade GPG errors etc

Reply #30
The is a section on the wiki about bad GPG signatures. The last instruction reads:

6. In a pinch, install the package with the -U pacman switch:
Code: [Select]
 pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/package-1.3.9-1.x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

The mirrorlist hasn't changed since the last published ISO, except for the addition of a couple of more mirrors.

Reply #31
The is a section on the wiki about bad GPG signatures. The last instruction reads:

6. In a pinch, install the package with the -U pacman switch:
 pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/package-1.3.9-1.x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

Yeah I seen that but admit I didn't run it until you suggested to run it. Generally I do try and do things on my own reading wikis etc. I did that couple years ago with Arch and haven't posted one help thread in their forums cause I always manage to figure things out myself with their documentation or googling. Just this time with Artix I didn't do that and left my frustration get the better of me. Wasn't really frustrated with Artix really, it was more with Brave browser and trying to get it installed in various "non-systemd" distros. Which Artix is one distro I did get it installed fine in. I shouldn't have left my frustrations get the better of me and I shouldn't have lashed out in anger in regards to installing Artix and the helpers etc. My bad, my fault there and again I apologize for that.

The mirrorlist hasn't changed since the last published ISO, except for the addition of a couple of more mirrors.
Ah okay, yeah I noticed there was 8 in default install and there was 2 additional ones with new repo list you linked. When you pointed out the mirrors were wrong I assumed they were all wrong lol. Again, my bad and thanks for the help guys...

Reply #32
I encounted the GPGME errors as well.  I was able to resolve this with the boot image on a USB stick.

The problem was, indeed, a version mismatch between gpg and libreadline.  I had previously manually updated redline because the post install scripts (from the install command form "Install OpenRC" section)  failed when bash and readline got out of sync.  So, I had manually ugraded libreadline.  Ugrading gpg from the boot disk (sudo pacman --root /mnt -S gpgme) let me reinitialize the keyring and complete the install.

Perhaps it would be useful to add "readline" to the list of packages downloaded in the "Download the Artix packages" and installed in "Install OpenRC"  sections of the migration guide.

I find the ability to migrate from one distribution to another rather astonishing.  That it is possible at all is impressive.  That there are bumps along the road is not surprising.  Many thanks for giving me a relatively painless path to dump systemd.

Reply #33
Thanks, seems to be upgrading things now. See new users don't know that was discussed long ago, maybe wiki could be updated to reflect that? If having key issues, do this fix for specific guy's keys.. then run command above there you gave me.

Or in wiki, for "post installation" .. to check keys first, then provide valid fix for the keys, then your command above there. Like, "Before running an upgrade, check keys with this command... then refresh keys with this command... then apply fix for Alad's key with this command... then do your command " and upgrade will be fine.
yeah i reinstalled artix today and had similiar problem to the one froum arch linux forum. the solution that the guy posted fixed it

however i think very badly that this is arch linux fault not artix, because broken pkp key comes from arch linux repos. i had disabled arch linux repos earlier and performed pacman -Syyu with arch repos disabled and pacman.conf and had no problems upgrading my system. however i had to enable arch linux repos again because i had some problems with icons after upgrade ;P.

so because today i performed upgrade using just artix repos, and i had no error, but it occured after i enabled arch linux repos, so i am willing to say that pkp problem comes from arch linux guys, not artix linux folks.

Reply #34
Hi,

Me to is a but frustrated over the key-ring problem and had similar problems as @matteopa.

Given the above I made the following:
# pacman-key --init
# pacman-key --populate artix
# pacman -S archlinux-keyring
Parts of the artix keys are now disabled so I made a second go with populating artix-keys:
# pacman-key --populate artix
And all packages are now properly verified.

One might try out to optimize the above but I think one needs the first "populate artix" to be able to install archlinux-keyring as that package will be signed as well so I leave optimization to someone else.

My system did update without error but there was some disturbing messages along the way:
(12/17) Reloading device manager configuration...
(13/17) Updating the appstream cache...

(appstreamcli:16112): GLib-CRITICAL **: 07:50:41.410: g_key_file_get_string: assertion 'group_name != NULL' failed

(appstreamcli:16112): GLib-CRITICAL **: 07:50:41.410: g_key_file_get_boolean: assertion 'group_name != NULL' failed
AppStream cache update completed successfully.
(14/17) Rebuilding certificate stores...
(15/17) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...
Don't know if this matters but am likely to find out.

This have been bothering me for some time. Kudos for the idea of someone more knowledgeable  than me to describe the key-ring dependency to Arch Linux (and other projects?), how to properly keep the keys up to date and how to repair the trust chain when things goes down the drain.

Cheers,
Erik

I take full responsibility of my Linux systems - I just need some help from time to time.

Reply #35
Glib errors are harmless. The arch keyring is needed only for packages from arch repos ([extra] and [community]). Usually, whenever their keyring is updated it takes a few hours for the Artix team to pull it in our repos.

Reply #36
The arch keyring is needed only for packages from arch repos ([extra] and [community]). Usually, whenever their keyring is updated it takes a few hours for the Artix team to pull it in our repos.

I have been struggling with one of the key (the one mentioned above) for quite some time now and had the strategy that someone will deal with it so I blocked a few packages from being updated, nothing crucial. This is how I used to deal with broken stuff in gentoo (mostly compilation errors), ignore it for some days and it will be dealt with - the problem is likely a result of some unexpected complexity that will be discovered after deployment. In this case I expected the key-prolem to be solved somehow soon but it din't.

I was not aware of that I need the arch-keyring for extra and community. If there is a wiki-page created I hope that information goes there as well.

Cheers,
Erik

I take full responsibility of my Linux systems - I just need some help from time to time.

Reply #37

I was not aware of that I need the arch-keyring for extra and community. If there is a wiki-page created I hope that information goes there as well.

Our mid to long term goal is to remove the arch repos from adefault artix system at some point.
However, this is a slow process, since all desktop environments are in extra or community arch repos currently.
Immediate next step is to add lxqt to artix galaxy.