Purple
[ 2 ] (2.4%)
Dark grey
[ 17 ] (20%)
Light Grey
[ 4 ] (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: 27 January 2019, 14:02:05

Topic: [CLOSED] New logo (poll) (Read 11514 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: Artwork!

[CLOSED] New logo (poll)

We've got a very beautiful new logo design by @Everyone. The dev team's preferences are split and we need the community's opinion to help us decide the general colour of our new logo, before Everyone finalizes it. Each user gets 2 votes. Due to this board's permissions, only logged-in users can see the attached logos and some mobile browsers hide them too. If you can't see them, click here.

Re: New logo (poll)

Reply #1
Nice logo! I vote red or cyan. dark grey is ok too.

Reply #2
Wait, are 'Cyan' and 'Light Cyan' different? I prefer the slightly greenish cyan, and not the 'light cyan' shown in this ensemble.

Reply #4
What about a dark grey one with a light cyan 1px border? I like the dark grey myself.

Reply #6
I really like the dark grey.  Cyan looks too much like Arch and it's probably subliminal that everyone is choosing it.  Atrix needs it's own identity.
Host: Predator PH517-61 V1.07
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (16) @ 3.2GHz [112.4°F]
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX Vega 56/64
Memory: 1129MiB / 64390MiB

Reply #7
i vote for green one because it reminds me of nature
cyan reminds me of typical arch linux distro
dark grey is cool as well

but my vote goes for green.svg.png one cuz it's like a nature  ;)

edit: but im not sure if light grey is not the best choice. but i already gave my vote

Reply #8
I voted dark grey and dark blue. For me cyan is not acceptable, it would turn Artix to be just another Arch distro. It deserve it's own identity.
Linux user since 1997.
Red Hat -> Mandrake - > Arch - > Slackware -> Manjaro -> Artix / OpenBSD

Reply #9
I honestly don't get the comment about Artix "having its own identity" and "cyan looks like Arch".

1. Artix is based on Arch. We still even use Arch's packages.
2. Even if Artix doesn't, its main objective is to create a functioning Arch system without systemd. No more, no less, no identity bulls**t. If Artix is based on Manjaro (and uses Manjaro packages instead of Arch) then green would be the most popular choice.

Therefore my vote goes to the cyan one. Besides, it looks nice.

Reply #10
Yeah I personally think the cyan one looks the nicest precisely because it reminds me of Arch.

Reply #11
Personally i think the best one is light silver, because it is very futuristic, minimal, and different than arch as well...
it is very nice i think i'll download light silver and set it as icon for menu ;).
so this is how menu task bar looks at the moment on my laptop.
i'm definitely staying with silver ;)
perhaps silver icon on cyan background like it is on my menu bar. really nice icons!! thanks!!
or if majority of votes is cyan and dark grey then maybe dark grey icon on cyan background?? maybe combining two colours instead of one??

Reply #12
Voting closes in 2 days. There seems to be a clear winner, unless people have been saving their votes for the last minute. Vote now or forever hold your silence.

Reply #13
I wonder what the results would have been if the green and other tones were closer to what people consider a neutral usual color.  Then there was a dark gray and a light gray/silver splitting the color.  Gold wedge between yellow and orange.  They are all nice in their own way, should the tone voted on become the official tone, as in matching all the different tones of blue in the front page to the logo?  Aesthetically I think this might be more important than coming up with the most popular tone.  More work for @nous 

I am glad that triple toned A in the previous logo will vanish :)

Reply #14
My vote is for the dark gray logo, it is more sober and more minimalist, in my humble opinion.
Self-taught spirit.