Skip to main content
Topic: some init units are missing (php and zfs related at least) (Read 867 times) previous topic - next topic

some init units are missing (php and zfs related at least)

Hey, just moved to Artix cause systemd 240 @ Arch is totally broken. It's a mess going there if you read the news.

Everything is fine so far. Using openrc as service manager and PID 1 init.

Though, I am missing few init units to be totally happy. One of them is php-fpm. Couldn't find it nowhere.
How to get it from Gentoo, cause they must have it? Strange nginx is available, but php not...

The same was with zfs-import zfs-mount zfs-share and zfs-zed. Those I've got directly from ZOL package at github.
I could provide them to audience, but no clue how.

Re: some init units are missing (php and zfs related at least)

Reply #1
Ah, found it. One need to download latest release of php from php.net and just run configure --enable-fpm
That will produce required init.d.php-fpm, which need to be moved to /etc/init.d/php-fpm

Reply #2
Opps. That was not all. One need also change the definition of few vars like that:

php_fpm_BIN=/usr/bin/php-fpm
php_fpm_CONF=/etc/php/php-fpm.conf
php_fpm_PID=/run/php-fpm.pid

Now it works.

Reply #3
How comes I cannot find my own post by typing php-fpm?

Why there is a limit to make search within 40 seconds? - It's totally insane.
I don't need 40 seconds to read that my search doesn't produce any findings!

It would somehow make sense only if there are 1+ results and I nee read them all.
How many robots scanning that forum every second?

P.S. Please, make a reasonable search otherwise the forum is unusable. No one can find any answer to his question
even that is multiple times available in the forum. May be use another forum engine?

Reply #4
The 40 second wait on searches is to prevent bots from constantly spamming the server with requests.

php-fpm didn't show anything on the search because - is actually a not operator. What you actually did was search for php and excluded all results that had "fpm" in it hence why you came up with nothing.  To find your post,  just searching "php fpm" works.

Reply #5
1. Well, Obviosly 40 sec is way tooooo long as i have no results in my search. I can hardly imagine
million of users visiting or know about that forum at all. I have found it while looking for openrc
for arch. How many people do the same? 2 or 5?

2. php-fpm is a SINGLE word it must be treated that way. Words are separated by spaces or tabs.
If I search for php-fpm I do mean exactly that "php fpm" is totally different search and it's not obvious
that one need MANUALLY do the substitution. 99% people on earth use copy-paste technique.

The search must be obvious or/and on pair with main stream. If you do google or duckduckgo
php-fpm means php-fpm and not php AND exclude fpm.

I am not aware of a single popular place on internet where it works like you say. You have to agree it is broken
as it works or better to say doesn't work now.

P.S. How you distinguish real people from bots? If by agent, then ban them based on that. If by timespan between search requests, then it's broken by design.
I can easily generate search every 2-3 seconds specially if there is no results. Am I a bot? Nope.
I can hardly imagine bots written by humans will scan that forum. Looking for what? How to install openrc?

Reply #6
How many forums have you used before? It's completely normal for there to be limits on how many times you can search. Pretty much every forum I've ever used has one. It's just 40 seconds for crying out loud. It's not a big deal. The internet is full of bots roaming around. This forum has actually been hit by a bunch of bots not too long ago.

Just because some popular search engines dumb down search queries doesn't mean Artix has to.