Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Network interface is not detected after reinstalling (Read 1083 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Network interface is not detected after reinstalling

Hi all!

I have recently decided to reorder disk space on my laptop and among all move artix root from large btrfs partition to smaller f2fs one. This step was successful but on "new" setup my wireless interface is not detected. lspci -vvv shows correcponding device and that it requires iwlwifi module but doesn't show "kernel driver in use" parameter. The interface (wlp3s0 or wlan0) is also not shown in /sys/class/net. How can i bring it back?
ARMtix

Re: Network interface is not detected after reinstalling

Reply #1
You could try reinstalling the kernel from the cache, this will also recreate the initrd, check /etc/fstab is correct first as the uuid's will be different for the new partition.

Reply #2
You could try reinstalling the kernel from the cache, this will also recreate the initrd, check /etc/fstab is correct first as the uuid's will be different for the new partition.
New fstab is correct, the system boots without problems. Reinstalling kernel didn't help
ARMtix

Reply #3
The problem solved when i reinstalled linux-firmware. However, interface isn't started immideately when i ask for, i got connection only after 4-5 attempts
ARMtix