Skip to main content
Topic: Samba shares and pcmanfm-qt and caja (Read 4008 times) previous topic - next topic

Samba shares and pcmanfm-qt and caja

Cheers,
I finally switched from manjaro-openrc to artix and I'm pleased! Nice work and thank you for providing a systemd-free distro  ;D
I regularly connect to samba shares at work . In caja you have to install caja-share, in pcmanfm-qt there seems to be no extra package for this purpose.
And now the problem: in caja you can't choose "Samba (Windows) share" after you chose "Connect to server", the same in pcmanfm-qt.
But then I remembered that oooold problem and installed gvfs-smb! Et voila, it works in caja but not in the default filemanager  pcmanfm-qt :o
Even Arch never added the dep gvfs-smb for caja-share which is useless without it. The question remains, why pcmanfm-qt  still does not offer the option to connect to a samba share.
Greetings
casaubon
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Re: Samba shares and pcmanfm-qt and caja

Reply #1
The gvfs-smb package should do the trick.

Reply #2
The question remains, why pcmanfm-qt  still does not offer the option to connect to a samba share.

Afaik, lxqt are in transition to use solid of kf5 and few other kf5 libs instead of lxqt specific implementations.
Difficult to say, they haven't updated their milestones for a while.

Reply #3
I can confirm that connecting to a samba share works for me with PCManFM-Qt after installing the gvfs-smb package.