Skip to main content
Topic: Void Linux - Too bad! This domain successfully registered to the highest bidder (Read 2247 times) previous topic - next topic

Void Linux - Too bad! This domain successfully registered to the highest bidder

Certificate expired.....

Old-timer penguin

Re: Void Linux - Too bad! This domain successfully registered to the highest bidder

Reply #2
And how do you know that someone who bought it wasn't one of the developers or from the void community?
Still many void wiki links still point to the old domain, it hasn't all been transferred.  The restriction of .eu domains is that the registration has to be by an actual .eu resident, it can't be sold to non-eu parties.
But does it really matter? voidlinux.org is where void linux can be found.

Re: Void Linux - Too bad! This domain successfully registered to the highest bidder

Reply #4
So i suggest you point us to the documents in question that the links can be fixed or you fix them yourself.

Reply #5
So i suggest you point us to the documents in question that the links can be fixed or you fix them yourself.

Wow - impressive mob-style 'suggestion'!

Please, don't break my legs!

Really - you made me laugh so hard.....I'm still laughing...

Please, realize - I do not maintain the documentation.  This post is in "Other Distros"  This is not a bug report. 

You should try to relax more often. ;)
Old-timer penguin

Reply #6
And how do you know that someone who bought it wasn't one of the developers or from the void community?

https://voidlinux.org/news/2019/02/voidlinux-eu-gone.html
voidlinux.eu lapsed in its original registration, and was purchased by an unknown 3rd party before Void Linux could regain ownership.
Old-timer penguin