Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: how to configure tor on Artix?? (Read 1871 times) previous topic - next topic

how to configure tor on Artix??

hey

when i try to connect to tor using terminal i get this:
Code: [Select]
Feb 15 11:07:58.240 [notice] Tor 0.3.4.9 (git-4ac3ccf2863b86e7) running on Linux with Libevent 2.1.8-stable, OpenSSL 1.1.1a, Zlib 1.2.11, Liblzma 5.2.4, and Libzstd 1.3.8.
Feb 15 11:07:58.240 [notice] Tor can't help you if you use it wrong! Learn how to be safe at https://www.torproject.org/download/download#warning
Feb 15 11:07:58.240 [warn] Tor was compiled with zstd 1.3.6, but is running with zstd 1.3.8. For safety, we'll avoid using advanced zstd functionality.
Feb 15 11:07:58.240 [notice] Read configuration file "/etc/tor/torrc".
Feb 15 11:07:58.243 [notice] Scheduler type KIST has been enabled.
Feb 15 11:07:58.243 [notice] Opening Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9050
Feb 15 11:07:58.243 [warn] /var/lib/tor is not owned by this user (root, 0) but by tor (43). Perhaps you are running Tor as the wrong user?
Feb 15 11:07:58.243 [warn] Failed to parse/validate config: Couldn't create private data directory "/var/lib/tor"
Feb 15 11:07:58.243 [err] Reading config failed--see warnings above.

I suspect it's something that i have to configure in tor/torc. I have got newest gnu icecat on my laptop, that has tor plugin that i can use if i have got tor configured on there.
stuff like man tor or configuration has lots of stuff that i don't understand. Is it hard to configure it???
if i duckduckgo tor configuration i see lots of guides need other stuff to be downloaded like dnsmasq. Is it necessary?? :)

thanks

Re: how to configure tor on Artix??

Reply #1
ok i solved it

just needed to run it by using this command: sudo -u tor tor
newest gnu icecat 60.3 has tor plugin and now i am on tor everytime i go on internet ;).

anybody using icecat here?? :)

Reply #2
now i am on tor everytime i go on internet ;).

In the soviet union you don't do the internet, the internet does you.

You go on internet more than you think you do, not just by browsing.
One thing that is important with using tor is to know how to use it, which means you should learn from those that make it.
Is your time accurate on your pc?  Time stamps that deviate from "the clock" are identifiers.  The more you deviate the easier to be identified.

Watch out for the icedog, he is mean.

Reply #3
You go on internet more than you think you do, not just by browsing.
One thing that is important with using tor is to know how to use it, which means you should learn from those that make it.
Is your time accurate on your pc?  Time stamps that deviate from "the clock" are identifiers.  The more you deviate the easier to be identified.

Watch out for the icedog, he is mean.
wuut??

yeah i already have it this tor thing ;p. well last week they deleted my blizzard account where i had diablo 3. today my steam accounmt has been deleted after applying for deletion 30 days ago ;). so my only non linux non libre game game i play at the moment is oldschool runescape but the client i use to play it is open source - runelite. + single player games i own for windows. And that's it ;). And i also don't go on youtube, i don't read news, i don't google, im not using facebook instagram, well i use twitter though but not as myself but as guest. My brain is free of bad, brainwashing information instead of reading gossips about politicans or depressing facts about global warming, species of animals being wiped out from this planet, i can read man pages in terminal or just enjoy what i have got on my laptop and what i see...