Skip to main content
Topic: Trizen to install AUR packages being failed (Read 2032 times) previous topic - next topic

Trizen to install AUR packages being failed

The problematic packages are, liri-git-meta; liri-shell-git; lumina-desktop-git; liquidshell-git; ungoogled-chromium
They are all interrupted against MAKEPKG prompts but nowhere to bypass the all these prompts, finally always quit the installation.
Any other AUR frontends for bypassing the above prompts and just installing the above packages?
:) AMD APU R4750G Zen2 Lucienne-G GCN Vega8 :) ASRock DeskMini X300 AMD edition :) 48GB SoDiMM DDR4 RAM’s
:) Samsung 980PRO NVMe SSD 1.82TiB (nvme0n1; with 867GiB ZPool) :) Samsung 970EVO+ NVMe SSD 1.82TiB (nvme1n1; with 963GiB ZPool)
:) Samsung 860QVO 2.5’’ SSD 3.63TiB (sda; with 2TiB ZPool) :) Transcend 220Q 2.5’’ SSD 1.82TiB (sdb; w/o ZPool)
:) AOC 2K QHD LED IPS screen

Re: Trizen to install AUR packages being failed

Reply #1
Okay i don't think i know the solution but i think that these stuff have issues because of -git being in the name. So perhaps you missing a git package or something, i am not sure, but i can see there is also git-openrc/runit available too. However i went to see what they have gotin Octopi Package Manager and i found something like this available in galaxy-gremlins:

Maybe installing this would change the circumstances. I am not familiar with yaourt cuz i don't really download anything from AUR so can't help with this one  :'(
And sorry i don't know why ungoogled chromium won't download too.

Reply #2
The problematic packages are, liri-git-meta; liri-shell-git; lumina-desktop-git; liquidshell-git; ungoogled-chromium
They are all interrupted against MAKEPKG prompts but nowhere to bypass the all these prompts, finally always quit the installation.
Any other AUR frontends for bypassing the above prompts and just installing the above packages?

Maybe you should do some research of you own, read the Arch wiki not rely on others to research for you?.

1st have you got base-devel installed the full package otherwise a lot of AUR builds will fail.
2nd, How much ram have you got as by design you only have 50% of the total ram available in tmps to build packages

Yay is the best AUR helper at this moment.  it also does not build in tmps,
Git packages are very big and built from source code can take a long time to build and often look as they are frozen be warned

Reply #3
Maybe you should do some research of you own, read the Arch wiki not rely on others to research for you?.

1st have you got base-devel installed the full package otherwise a lot of AUR builds will fail.
2nd, How much ram have you got as by design you only have 50% of the total ram available in tmps to build packages

Git packages are very big and built from source code can take a long time to build and often look as they are frozen be warned

Oh it's fine doing researches is gaining knowledge :D

Reply #4
I both have the packages git and git-openrc installed, but forgotten to start the OpenRC service for Git, now started then trying again. :)
:) AMD APU R4750G Zen2 Lucienne-G GCN Vega8 :) ASRock DeskMini X300 AMD edition :) 48GB SoDiMM DDR4 RAM’s
:) Samsung 980PRO NVMe SSD 1.82TiB (nvme0n1; with 867GiB ZPool) :) Samsung 970EVO+ NVMe SSD 1.82TiB (nvme1n1; with 963GiB ZPool)
:) Samsung 860QVO 2.5’’ SSD 3.63TiB (sda; with 2TiB ZPool) :) Transcend 220Q 2.5’’ SSD 1.82TiB (sdb; w/o ZPool)
:) AOC 2K QHD LED IPS screen

Reply #5
I both have the packages git and git-openrc installed, but forgotten to start the OpenRC service for Git, now started then trying again. :)

I think you only need the service file if you want to run a Git server.