Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Computer freezes when bluetooth disconnects (Read 1037 times) previous topic - next topic

Computer freezes when bluetooth disconnects

Hi everyone. I'm having an issue with bluetooth on my two PC's. I'm gonna do my best to explain everything.
My main PC is the middle 40" screen, my stereo PC operates two smaller screens on each side of the big screen, it runs ProjectM visualizer which reacts to sound, my stereo PC runs proftpd, qbittorrent, clementine & ProjectM. I route my sound from my main PC to my stereo PC via bluetooth, as my stereo PC operates my stereo.
When I disconnect, 9 times out of 10 it freezes my stereo PC... the other 1 time, it freezes my main PC, which did that as I was typing in here & it wiped everything I wrote, so I'm gonna be explaining this in chunks so to speak, to avoid losing everything I've already typed.
I'm gonna keep trying different things to see if anything changes the freezing. I think we have a bug somewhere in bluez, but I could be wrong.

Re: Computer freezes when bluetooth disconnects

Reply #1
So now its freezing my main PC whenever I hit disconnect... Kind of strange.
Any ideas what I might be able to do to make this not happen? I kinda need my bluetooth to work..

Edit: Ok, thank god, it looks like this problem is just the linux-hardened kernel. I feel really relieved, lol.
I hope the hardened kernel gets fixed though. I tried the Con Kolivas kernel & its all A-OK :D
It won't hang while shutting down either on the linux-ck kernel by the looks of it either, yay!