Skip to main content
Topic: edited: How to dual boot Artix and Arch (Read 852 times) previous topic - next topic

edited: How to dual boot Artix and Arch

Does anyone have a procedure for installing Artix and Arch as dual booting on a computer with GPT, but not  UEFI?

I've tried several ways with the Arch May, June and July  isos and the Artix isos for XFCE with openrc, runit and s6.  I've tried installing Arch first and then Artix and Artix first and then Arch.  Nothing seems to work.  The closest I've come to success is described in my post on this forum (https://forum.artixlinux.org/index.php/topic,1566.0.html).

In that case, I installed Artix XFCE with openrc and then Arch.  Both OSs booted from the grub menu, but the Artix installaion is frozen at the login screen, while Arch logs in fine.  I tried the same thing with s6 instead of openrc with the same result.  No one has provided a resolution on this forum.

I don't necessarily need a resolution to that specific problem.  I just want to know how to install both Artix and Arch as dual boot, however that can be done.

EDIT:  I don't know how useful this is, but I tried something different.  I installed Artix/XFCE/s6 and then Artix/XFCE/openrc as dual boot and it worked fine.  I just can't figure out why installing the artix login screen freezes when I install  vanilla arch.