Skip to main content
Topic: android derooted and mounting (Read 1377 times) previous topic - next topic

android derooted and mounting

Has anyone rooted there android device?  What a mess this thing is.  How does anyone tolerate this garbage.  There is a program called Superuser that has the su "ap" that can be copied to the appropriate location on the tablet, which is  can only be transfered with ubs communications in debugging mode and usb doesn't seem to communication with the tablet well at all..

Re: android derooted and mounting

Reply #1
with the exception of guitar tuning capability I have been tempted to make a frisby out of it.
I have not spent $1 buying such a thing, but one was given to me to "fix" .... 
I did try their x-server and gnu-debian something to build a fake debian environment.
HORRIBLE CRAP!

Reply #3
Look for gvfs-mtp which gives you access to android's file-system pseudo disk.  That's about the only way I found reaching it from outside.  I gave up rooting it.

Maybe it should be moved to  off-topic, hey @nous?
But what is it that you don't understand about rooting an android device, hopefully to install a better system on it?  Some can be done, and some are locked.  I assume we both have the crappy ones.  Mine has 4cores and good gfx and 1/2 MB of Ram.  Pretty obsolete with android.  But the guitar tuner works well.  ;)

Reply #4
For android adb and fastboot you need "android-udev" package and when installed add yourself to the new "adbusers" group

Code: [Select]
sudo usermod -a -G adbusers "your user name"

Reply #5
Late reply & all that, but - when I first got a phone a few years ago I (& then later when I got a tablet) I found the XDA Developers Forums to be an awesome source of information (quickly rooted & then tried out a number of alternative Android spins to find the one that I would rather use than Samsung's):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android