Skip to main content
Topic: [Solved] Graphics corruption after “triggering uevents” (Read 1645 times) previous topic - next topic

[Solved] Graphics corruption after “triggering uevents”

On my other system that has an NVIDIA 1660 super, I can’t seem to start the live USB without the init screen being corrupted. I have the same exact system in another computer, just with a Radeon card. Why is s6 starting up like this on my Geforce machine?

Here’s a pic.
https://pasteboard.co/Jo4TIvR.jpg

Re: Graphics corruption after “triggering uevents”

Reply #1
Some weird graphical glitch with kms and nvidia I guess? What happens if you switch ttys (ctrl+alt+f2/f3/etc.)? The getty services should be started anyway.

Reply #2
I just took out my nvidia card and used the onboard intel graphics, and it booted perfectly fine. I could install Artix this way, but I don’t know if the screen will still do that after booting from my drive instead of the USB. It seems a resolution change occurs which triggers it. I’ll see what changing the try does and post back.

Reply #3
It should be not, after install system you should install nvidia drivers, and set all necessary settings for your graphic card.
iso is just for install and contains not all setting for all specific hardware.

Reply #4
It seems a resolution change occurs which triggers it.

Yeah, that that's kernel mode setting (KMS) kicking at at that point (when the screen flickers). It wouldn't be the first time someone has had problems with nvidia and KMS. The proprietary drivers allegedly support KMS, so it should be fine now, but if for some reason it still has issues, you can disable KMS by using nomodeset.

Reply #5
When I change tty, the graphics are still bugged out. It’s very odd. I didn’t have this issue with my older computer with an NVIDIA card. I’ll just install using the onboard Intel then put my NVIDIA card in after.