Skip to main content
Topic: Plasma error on startup - artix openrc (Read 830 times) previous topic - next topic

Plasma error on startup - artix openrc

I've downloaded the openrc build of artix plasma and I've noticed that the DE doesn't even startup. It is stuck on splash screen before asking for the user/password. I've also tried with the weekly build and noticed that this error also happens. I couldn't then install it using Calamares. It didn't happen though on virtual box VM... What can I do or logs I can provide to help troubleshoot the problem? Thanks in advance.

Re: Plasma error on startup - artix openrc

Reply #1
Also, libyaml not found when trying to run Calamares

Error while loading shared Libraries:libyaml-cpp.so.0.6 cannot open Shared object file: No such file or directory.

Reply #2
Well, I guess if you are using the same install layout and it works on your virtual machine but not your real one, it could be something to do with your real machine - but what is your real machine?    Generally you can also check logs for any messages containing words like "error" for ideas although some errors may be normal. Often hangs at this point can be related to graphics driver issues.

Reply #3
The updated 20211111 ISOs have a working calamares. If only Plasma fails to start, you could try an other flavour and install Plasma by hand. The packages are listed here.